Reg Local - IAM Masters

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
GTR1400MAN

Re: Reg Local - IAM Masters

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:11 am

Horse wrote:I asked Kevin Williams (mentioned by GTR) who thought it might have been from a Thames Valley police Bikesafe video, from 2000. Which I definitely would have seen. I was at an event and they showed a rough cut of it.

That's interesting because in this article he clearly :lol: states it is in Roadcraft.

https://www.survivalskills.co.uk/riding_skills_30.htm
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:41 am

I said I asked him. I didn't say he remembered correctly when replying ;)

Whatever, you'll have seen it from Hir and Von, so I am relieved that I hadn't invented/hallucinated it, and it is well-known in police driving.

But obviously not well-known enough! :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:46 am

Link refers to a forum. That would have been Visordown, now long defunct. So if it was in Rc, then that's potentially 15-25 years ago.

Edit: the Biksafe video (ridden by the late Phil Curtis) isn't online, that I could see on YouTube.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:25 am

Horse wrote:Edit: the Biksafe video (ridden by the late Phil Curtis) isn't online, that I could see on YouTube.

Is it not this one in two parts? :)

Though the only caveat he adds (that is in Roadcraft) is "on your side of the road".
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:
Horse wrote:Edit: the Biksafe video (ridden by the late Phil Curtis) isn't online, that I could see on YouTube.

Is it not this one in two parts? :)

Well done - the one place, with a superb repository of videos, that I never thought to check! :)

An aside: after all the effort, video, bike launch event at the police training centre at Sulhampstead ... TVP didn't continue with Bikesafe, possibly only in the last couple of years.

Another aside, and re: 'not in Roadcraft': they did run some better biking sessions. And asked me to do the bit on counter-steering!

Horse

Postby Horse » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:17 pm

Horse wrote:I said I asked him. I didn't say he remembered correctly when replying ;)

Good excuse as any to post this.

Summarises so well the implications of pupil-centred learning.

Discov8

Postby Discov8 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:53 pm

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”