A few more videos

Topics relating to Advanced Riding on bikes
Horse

Re: A few more videos

Postby Horse » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Get one of those 'follow me' drones ;)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Horse wrote:Get one of those 'follow me' drones ;)

Yes, I've seen those. Reg Local has one but have you seen how slow he has to drive for it to track him?
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Horse

Postby Horse » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:43 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
Horse wrote:Get one of those 'follow me' drones ;)

Yes, I've seen those. Reg Local has one but have you seen how slow he has to drive for it to track him?

Again, it's what are you trying to show? If it's how fast you can get, get a helicopter or chase car. If it's cornering lines, turn in points, etc, go slower.

PS I think you need a particular licence to fly them near roads ;)

dvenman

Postby dvenman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:12 am

Horse wrote:PS I think you need a particular licence to fly them near roads ;)

Not specifically - less than 400 feet from persons or property, yes. But any rational, well trained, sensible operator - of which there are some, but your average Joe probably isn't - will be aware of all that.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:47 pm

dvenman wrote:
But any rational, well trained, sensible operator

Should have a CAA licence.

Horse

Postby Horse » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:58 pm

dvenman wrote:

Not specifically - less than 400 feet from persons or property, yes. But any rational, well trained, sensible operator - of which there are some, but your average Joe probably isn't - will be aware of all that.

Specifically?

CAA say:

- Not to fly your drone over a congested area, never fly within 50 metres of a person, vehicle or building not under your control

It would be an interesting discussion on how you might control both vehicle and drone simultaneously.

dvenman

Postby dvenman » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:12 am

Horse wrote:
dvenman wrote:

Specifically?

CAA say:

- Not to fly your drone over a congested area, never fly within 50 metres of a person, vehicle or building not under your control

It would be an interesting discussion on how you might control both vehicle and drone simultaneously.

There's no specific license needed for personal use, commercial is a little different, I think, and over 250 grams the drone needs to be registered.

In my mind a "license" is something trained for and tested for - very little training or testing for home drone owners...

And the "less than 400 feet" is a slightly tighter restriction than the ANO's 500 foot rule, and IMO sensible.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed May 20, 2020 8:03 am

Here's my latest YouTube video. As requested by some of my subscribers, some more town riding with a bit of tour guide mixed in. :)

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:58 am

Here's my latest YouTube offering. A demo ride along the B1078. Overtakes, cornering and other vehicles to deal with.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:13 am

Here is my latest bitesize video looking at why we adjust our position and speed for corners.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Bikes”