Motorcycle videos

Topics relating to Advanced Riding on bikes
akirk

Re: Motorcycle videos

Postby akirk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:08 am

Good video...
I think this may be more of an issue on a bike than in a car as drivers may be more conscious of a bike's likelihood of passing...
I guess it is one of the reasons why hanging back until we choose to engage / pass is important, it takes the pressure off the driver in front so they are less likely to ease off and move over, it makes it clearer when we do move forwards and engage, and allows us to control the situation more

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 am

My latest video is a single ride from Ipswich to Orford. Nothing planned. Nothing staged. No commentary. No theme. Just everyday riding for pleasure/enjoyment/mental wellbeing. If you click through to YouTube I have added hyperlink index marks in the description to where I have captioned useful points in the video. It won't be for everyone, but comments from Associates/YouTube viewers in the past has suggested people find this sort of video useful. I'd also value any **constructive** feedback on the riding.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

crr003

Postby crr003 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:24 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:My latest video is a single ride from Ipswich to Orford. Nothing planned. Nothing staged. No commentary. No theme. Just everyday riding for pleasure/enjoyment/mental wellbeing. If you click through to YouTube I have added hyperlink index marks in the description to where I have captioned useful points in the video. It won't be for everyone, but comments from Associates/YouTube viewers in the past has suggested people find this sort of video useful. I'd also value any **constructive** feedback on the riding.

36:37
What is it the road safety types say - "it's a limit not a target"?
Never understood it myself, of course it's a target.

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Thu May 13, 2021 7:19 am

crr003 wrote:of course it's a target.

The trick is to get down to the target ;-)
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu May 13, 2021 7:30 am

If he had been bimbling about earlier I wouldn't have noticed so much. As it was he over slowed coming into the 40, like lots of vehicles do, but unlike others he didn't then speed up again to around the limit.

If it is safe to do the posted limit, then why not? I know some people are just out for an amble about, but you tend to expect some consistency, good or bad, from one vehicle.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

crr003

Postby crr003 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:30 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:If he had been bimbling about earlier I wouldn't have noticed so much. As it was he over slowed coming into the 40, like lots of vehicles do, but unlike others he didn't then speed up again to around the limit.

If it is safe to do the posted limit, then why not? I know some people are just out for an amble about, but you tend to expect some consistency, good or bad, from one vehicle.

There's a Pony Girl sign at 36:32.
Maybe driver had experienced issues around here?
Maybe a good driver!

Horse

Postby Horse » Thu May 13, 2021 11:39 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:If he had been bimbling about earlier I wouldn't have noticed so much. As it was he over slowed coming into the 40, like lots of vehicles do, but unlike others he didn't then speed up again to around the limit.

I'm sometimes split between "get a move on" and "what does he know* that I don't?"

* or is going to do, or has seen, etc.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 pm

crr003 wrote:There's a Pony Girl sign at 36:32.
Maybe driver had experienced issues around here?
Maybe a good driver!

You are being very generous to an Audi driver. :D

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat May 22, 2021 10:53 am

My latest video: a more detailed look at positioning for bends and linking them together. Quite a bit of editing for this one, but I'm happy with the result.

Combining & Linking Bends | Smooth Flowing Motorcycle Riding on Country B Roads

crr003

Postby crr003 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:07 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:My latest video: a more detailed look at positioning for bends and linking them together. Quite a bit of editing for this one, but I'm happy with the result.

Slick.
I was watching your pal in the mirror - around 4:34 he appears to be in 3 while you're advocating 1. Does he need retraining? :)

Return to “Advanced Driving - Bikes”