Ogmios School of Zen Motoring - ASMR DASHCAM

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
GTR1400MAN

Ogmios School of Zen Motoring - ASMR DASHCAM

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon May 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Something a bit different.

Not sure of the guy's background but some nice calm little bits of driving in congested London, delivered with humour.

"God on a quad" and "The Shadow - Coming to a morgue near you soon"

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

vanman

Re: Ogmios School of Zen Motoring - ASMR DASHCAM

Postby vanman » Mon May 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Scooter boys, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in any of it. It is how driving in London north or south of the river is everyday. :swords:

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon May 11, 2020 7:06 pm

vanman wrote:Scooter boys, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in any of it. It is how driving in London north or south of the river is everyday. :swords:

By "a bit different" I meant the presentation style of the commentary ... not what he encountered. ;)
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Horse

Postby Horse » Tue May 12, 2020 8:07 am

"Ah , Emergency! Man in a fruit salad blazer, driving a golf cart, needs to get through. Hang on are people not respecting the authority of his flashing lights? Outrageous... "

Epic, great find :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

martine

Postby martine » Tue May 12, 2020 9:12 am

Like it - keep chilled...peace to everyone...

On a more serious note I reckon it's interesting if your driving in heavy traffic, just to aim to keep your car moving, let others change lanes, pull out/in, keep space all around and make progress in a controlled way...and yes use great Observation and all those 'advanced' skills we all talk about. I honestly don't think it greatly effects your journey time - but it's definitely more peaceful and probably safer.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Tue May 12, 2020 2:58 pm

martine wrote:Like it - keep chilled...peace to everyone...

On a more serious note I reckon it's interesting if your driving in heavy traffic, just to aim to keep your car moving, let others change lanes, pull out/in, keep space all around and make progress in a controlled way...and yes use great Observation and all those 'advanced' skills we all talk about. I honestly don't think it greatly effects your journey time - but it's definitely more peaceful and probably safer.

One of the negative comments I sometimes get from videos on Facebook and YouTube is that they are boring. "Nothing happens". Others have said the riding is so relaxed and calm. I've taken BOTH as compliments. :)

Horse

Postby Horse » Tue May 12, 2020 6:00 pm

Posted second one another forum.

Comments received include:

That was weirdly brilliant.

And

Surreal

(Both very accurate:)

Horse

Postby Horse » Tue May 12, 2020 6:09 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:]One of the negative comments I sometimes get from videos on Facebook and YouTube is that they are boring. "Nothing happens". Others have said the riding is so relaxed and calm. I've taken BOTH as compliments. :)

One of the best / worst examples is this (FF to 4:53):

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed May 13, 2020 10:37 am

Horse wrote:One of the best / worst examples is this (FF to 4:53):

Worst?

martine

Postby martine » Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am

Good vid...I'd love to spend a day or 2 with them to better understand how they do it.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”