Driving mindfulness?

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
martine

Driving mindfulness?

Postby martine » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:34 pm

So what to people think of this:

https://vimeo.com/466120176
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

GTR1400MAN

Re: Driving mindfulness?

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Interesting film. Several relaxation techniques.

How many will actually do them having watched?

Being like Worzel Gummidge and having the right head on before driving/riding, is really important.

One thing you'll hear a lot from motorcyclists is how stress busting riding a motorbike is. Certainly riding mine I find it much easier to achieve the exclusion of outside (real world, non-journey related) influences, than when driving. Maybe because there's more to do and more at stake? Who knows?
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Great idea but in reality that first stop would have someone behind you with their hand on their horn. As for the bike. Yes agree its much easier to isolate from distractions and outside influences. I miss the half hour commute to and from the office, it was a chance to separate work and home. For the last 9 months I have been working from home the commute is three paces from the spare bedroom.
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

Horse

Postby Horse » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:41 pm

exportmanuk wrote: I miss the half hour commute to and from the office, it was a chance to separate work and home. For the last 9 months I have been working from home the commute is three paces from the spare bedroom.

A fair chunk of my work is with roadworks, Traffic Officers, electronic signs, breakdown & recovery industry ...

How much of a break from that do you think I get during an hour each way commute that includes a 'smart' motorway conversion works? :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”