Insta360 OneX in Renault Clio Hybrid

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
GTR1400MAN

Insta360 OneX in Renault Clio Hybrid

Postby GTR1400MAN » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:46 pm

No commentary or tips, etc., just trying out my Insta360 OneX camera in my Renault Clio E-Tech Hybrid while driving in one pedal (almost) mode. An interesting perspective on the dual carriageway clip where you can see the driver and the road ahead in one shot. It struggles a bit with the difference between the dark interior and the bright outside. Strangely it seems affected by g-forces more in the car than on my motorcycle.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

martine

Re: Insta360 OneX in Renault Clio Hybrid

Postby martine » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:40 pm

Very interesting and gives another dynamic view of driving & riding...could be useful to show specific parts of Advanced Driving & Riding. I wouldn't overuse it though.

How much did it cost - I imagine these things were very, very expensive but I'm sure have reduced hugely.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

GTR1400MAN

Re: Insta360 OneX in Renault Clio Hybrid

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:34 am

The latest ones are about £450 but I picked up an original model for about £150 secondhand off ebay.

You can see it with more conventional views here, (link below) where being able to rotate the view in the edit is really useful. All the footage used here was shot in one pass from the one camera.

viewtopic.php?t=1027&start=190#p27967
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”