Hypermiling

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
sussex2

Re: Hypermiling

Postby sussex2 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Triquet wrote:
sussex2 wrote:
Triquet wrote:I just had to refill ye olde Saab in France with E5 and it was 136 Euros. It does make the eyes water. :shock:

Which Saab is it please? I had them for many years and starting with a 99 Turbo! I gave up when GM ruined the brand (IMO).
I took my original Rospa test in the 99 Turbo and and the examiner told me he had never seen anything go like it - not many people had then.
A man I work with has a 900 turbo in metalic grey which still pulls like a train, as long as you get the revs right. The man is sad he can no longer take it into larger towns, at least during the week. I say he has the super roads in the Pyrenees to play with.

I have two 95's one is a Aero Estate automatic, the other an older saloon manual. One has to remember which one is which as they both look quite similar inside, and (in line with this thread) engine braking is manifest with the manual whereas the automatic rolls merrily on. One can occasionally stall the manual just because I've forgotten :gear: :hit:

Our latest car has the EAT8 gearbox and it is so intuitive, always in the correct gear (pretty much), that any intervention is not necessary. I have used the paddle shifts so few times and always by way of a game rather than need. The area is largely mountainous stretching from the Cerdanya down to Barcelona (too hot and sticky in the summer) over to the French side and up to Bayonne or along to Perpinyan.
The roads around here are generally clear and very well surfaced so you rarely get held up for more than a few seconds. The frequent police roadblocks looking for drug smugglers are the most likely the detain you, briefly.
Saabs were good cars, well made and thoughtfully equipped.

waremark

Postby waremark » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:16 pm

Gareth wrote:
exportmanuk wrote:49.93MPG is not bad for me

Save fuel by driving :lol:

But not in one of my cars!

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:33 am

waremark wrote:
Gareth wrote:

But not in one of my cars!

I thought you had one that runs on electrickery.

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:12 am

Gareth wrote:

Not half as much fun and would have added at least an hour on to my total journey time for the day
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

Return to “General Chat”