Proposed speed limit changes in Wales

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
martine

Proposed speed limit changes in Wales

Postby martine » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:48 pm

If anyone's interested you can respond to the proposed national 30 to 20 limit in Wales here:

https://gov.wales/proposal-reduce-speed-limit-20mph-residential-streets

I've responded as best I can...not that it's likely to make a difference.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Strangely Brown

Re: Proposed speed limit changes in Wales

Postby Strangely Brown » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:37 pm

Well, that's a done deal then.
Everyone knows that the decision to go ahead was made ages ago. The "consultation" is merely lip service and box ticking.

jont-

Postby jont- » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:04 pm

Well at least it's not reducing the NSL to 50, although maybe that's the next step that's only a matter of time :hit:

Oh good grief, just had a look at the response options. Talk about loaded questions :roll: :headbang:

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:49 pm

"the rollout of the 20mph default national speed limit n restricted toads"

Inspires confidence. :o

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

M1ke H

Postby M1ke H » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:59 pm

jont- wrote:...Oh good grief, just had a look at the response options. Talk about loaded questions :roll: :headbang:

Yes, I wrote several paragraphs of text in the text box somewhere around Q5 qualifying my answers to various questions and the reasoning behind them. It may or may not be read! I also included a comment about the response options being biased without allowing for any qualification of the answers selected.

Unfortunately, probably a lost cause :headbang:

vieuxtigre

Postby vieuxtigre » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Yes, agree with martine. I know from my own experience with my own highway authority it's just a box-ticking exercise and both democracy and expertise will be totally ignored. The idiots have alrteady set their agenda and neither fact nor common sense will deter them.

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:05 am

In Spain and France the town speed limit is 30kph (20kph in one way streets) and only 50kph if there is a central divide; and yes they do have speed traps. I believe these limits are widespread throughout Europe.
On the plus side many towns/villages have scowl or happy face systems to encourage taking part which is a good thing.
Anti speed bumps are widespread and extremely serious!

The 'national' speed limit is 90kph on two way roads - subject to local variations such as almost the entire length of the N260 which has an 80kph limit.

Giving way to pedestrians is universal and simple crossings will be no more than 200 metres apart.

It is simply what is and despite this there are more than enough roads where it is possible to have a great deal of fun.
All is not lost.

Return to “General Chat”