A couple of nice days riding

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
GTR1400MAN

Re: A couple of nice days riding

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:17 am

sussex2 wrote:Not the UK but one of the favourite bikers roads in our part of the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN0G0d1mqb4

Wow, who would have thought growing his beard fuller would change his voice so much! :o

Nice roads ... some awful lines though.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:55 pm

Speaking of awful lines I must have met at least half-a-dozen bikers coming round RH bends (for them, LH for me) in the decapitation zone. i.e. their head and upper body well over onto my side of the road.

Ah well... all the more for the organ donor network.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:32 pm

Scary isn't it? See it while out riding/driving and in "how to ride" videos online.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:55 am

Most of the bikers (motards) that we meet on the roads around here are invariably polite and competent in what they do.
It is rare indeed not to be thanked if you move over to let one pass; there doesn't seem to be the aggression so often witnessed elsewhere.
The same is true of cyclists who are given a much wider berth than I have witnessed elsewhere (notably in the UK).
It seems there is a camaradarie rather than antagonism.

jont-

Postby jont- » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:02 pm

sussex2 wrote:Most of the bikers (motards) that we meet on the roads around here are invariably polite and competent in what they do.
It is rare indeed not to be thanked if you move over to let one pass; there doesn't seem to be the aggression so often witnessed elsewhere.
The same is true of cyclists who are given a much wider berth than I have witnessed elsewhere (notably in the UK).
It seems there is a camaradarie rather than antagonism.

Yup, pyrenees and alps are the only places bikers have ever cooperated with me overtaking them :gear: I think it helps that the roads are generally quieter. In the caterham many bikers seemed to see you as one of them.

Return to “General Chat”