Contact at RoADAR?

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Strangely Brown

Contact at RoADAR?

Postby Strangely Brown » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:37 pm

Does anyone have a reliable number or contact address to reach someone in RoADAR?

My re-test was due in March and, since nobody contacted me, I managed, with some difficulty, eventually to get through to someone who pointed me in the direction of the application form. Having filled it in (31 Mar) and, several days later (5 Apr), got an acknowledgement I have heard nothing since. An email to their followup address (furtherinfo@roadar.org - 1 Jun) said thanks for your email, we're busy and we'll get back to you in 5-10 days. It is now 14 working days and still nothing.

Nobody answers the phone at any of the numbers that I have and it seems that nobody is answering email either.

Any ideas on how I may get through to them?

Thanks.

angus

Re: Contact at RoADAR?

Postby angus » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Try their facebook page - ROSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:42 pm

I don't FaceBook. No account. But thanks anyway.

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:59 pm

I had the same thought; I find it discordant when an organisation uses only Facebook for their internet presence. Likewise using only Twitter for, whatever it is they use Twitter for ... typically, communicating disaster information with customers, in the case of utility suppliers.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:15 pm

You might try:

Jacqui Adams
RoSPA Advanced Drivers & Riders Administrator (Part-time, Wednesday to Friday)
T: +44 (0)121 248 2099
E: jadams@rospa.com

Although my email thread shows three or four week gaps between emails, and no reply to my last on on the 11th November.

David

Horse

Postby Horse » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 am

Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:10 pm

kfae8959 wrote:You might try:

Jacqui Adams
RoSPA Advanced Drivers & Riders Administrator (Part-time, Wednesday to Friday)
T: +44 (0)121 248 2099
E: jadams@rospa.com

Although my email thread shows three or four week gaps between emails, and no reply to my last on on the 11th November.

David

UPDATE:
That is the number that I have been trying several times last week, yesterday and this morning.
Yay! Finally got through and I only called to check the name on the answer machine message in light of your reply, and it isn't Jacqui. :)

If you call the above number Mon to Weds it, apparently, gets passed through to Rachel. Jacqui works Weds to Fri. They also have no "reception" at the moment so all calls to the main number are forwarded elsewhere... and they're all "very busy". Much apologising for the lack of contact and lack of email response. Sounds like a _very_ understaffed office and, frankly, quite a mess.

Apparently my application for re-test was received and passed to an examiner on 5 April. No idea as to why he hasn't responded in seven weeks but now that I know who it was to be I have requested an alternate. Rachel has asked that I leave it with her and she will get back to me "in a couple of days" - we will see.

I have a feeling this may be my last RoADAR re-test as I no longer feel that I am getting value. I would rather take the £120 (over 3 years) and put it towards coaching elsewhere.

Thanks for the responses.

jont-

Postby jont- » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Strangely Brown wrote:I have a feeling this may be my last RoADAR re-test as I no longer feel that I am getting value. I would rather take the £120 (over 3 years) and put it towards coaching elsewhere.

I reached that conclusion a year or two ago. Meantime a couple of examiners/retired trafpol happen to have joined up on the local 7 forum and offered check drives to anyone interested in exchange for tea and cake :lol:

Return to “General Chat”