Importance of surprise horizon

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Horse

Re: Importance of surprise horizon

Postby Horse » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:50 pm

jont- wrote:
Horse wrote:You appear to be misinterpreting my post :)

I am quite clear on the difference. However, since these are usually branded safety camera partnerships, wouldn't you expect the driver to conform to safety advice?

How much do they actually have to do with safety

I'm sure they would tell us that they're a vital element :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:04 pm

I am quite clear on the difference. However, since these are usually branded safety camera partnerships, wouldn't you expect the driver to conform to safety advice?

No. I would expect him to be capable of using his judgement within the limits of the law that he paid to enforce.

It seems to me that I am not misinterpreting your post at all [ETA: before you changed it and added the last two paragraphs]. One is advice, the other is mandatory. The driver did nothing wrong.
Last edited by Strangely Brown on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:11 pm

jont- wrote:

How much do they actually have to do with safety rather than operating as legalised protection rackets?

Given that they are perfectly happy to break the law while enforcing it, I'd say they have bugger all to do with safety.

I have seen one of the Sussex vans parked here while targeting southbound traffic.

When this was pointed out to someone with the power to do something about it they just shrugged.

Also, they regularly park ON the central reservation here while targeting westbound traffic and by doing so they block the view of approaching traffic for vehicles waiting to turn right from A270 into Olive Road. Nobody cares.

Return to “General Chat”