DVLA

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Triquet

DVLA

Postby Triquet » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:38 am

Yesterday afternoon I had cause to contact the DVLA by email. It is 0830 this morning and I have just received the answer to my query. I am truly amazed, and somebody is working very well down there! :cheers:

vanman

Re: DVLA

Postby vanman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:22 am

Log books are fully on line now, no need to send in the papery bits. New log book arrives four days later and road tax refunded! DVLA in the 20th century at last. :lol:

sussex2

Re: DVLA

Postby sussex2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:00 am

vanman wrote:Log books are fully on line now, no need to send in the papery bits. New log book arrives four days later and road tax refunded! DVLA in the 20th century at last. :lol:

Indeed! We wanted to transfer the ownership of a car in the UK (We live in Spain) and it was all done in a few minutes online, and, no need to send any paperwork.
In Spain it is a right performance as a car is regarded in the same way as more substantial property, a house for instance, and there are taxes to be paid.
Online is possible but only through an agent and you need paperwork to give them the mandate to act on your behalf; plus a bill of sale for the tax.
The UK system is much more simple and now very easy indeed.

Return to “General Chat”