All Quiet on the Western Front

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
GTR1400MAN

Re: All Quiet on the Western Front

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:54 pm

jcochrane wrote:Petrol situation still terrible here so driving limited to essential travel and the use of Eco mode. Never thought I would ever use it but needs must. Took the electric Brompton out today for a spin although most of my riding these days is in the comfort of my home. Recently purchased a Wahoo Kicker Bike and use it in conjunction with the Zwift app. Amazingly realistic and climbed Alpe D’Huez twice and Mont Ventoux amongst other rides in the last few weeks. Just like the real thing but no traffic to worry about. :D An extra bonus is my HbA1C has dropped dramatically and the Doctor is talking of reducing my medication if I maintain or reduce the present level at my next review.

Interesting. Was going to ask what you hooked your bike up to as an input to the App and then I looked up the Wahoo Bike. Blimey, they ain't cheap, not that anything to do with 2 wheels ever is. I keep contemplating a trainer to put my old non-electric bike in but not sure I can justify the ongoing costs of Zwift. Why is everything subscription these days?
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:01 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:
jcochrane wrote:Petrol situation still terrible here so driving limited to essential travel and the use of Eco mode. Never thought I would ever use it but needs must. Took the electric Brompton out today for a spin although most of my riding these days is in the comfort of my home. Recently purchased a Wahoo Kicker Bike and use it in conjunction with the Zwift app. Amazingly realistic and climbed Alpe D’Huez twice and Mont Ventoux amongst other rides in the last few weeks. Just like the real thing but no traffic to worry about. :D An extra bonus is my HbA1C has dropped dramatically and the Doctor is talking of reducing my medication if I maintain or reduce the present level at my next review.

Interesting. Was going to ask what you hooked your bike up to as an input to the App and then I looked up the Wahoo Bike. Blimey, they ain't cheap, not that anything to do with 2 wheels ever is. I keep contemplating a trainer to put my old non-electric bike in but not sure I can justify the ongoing costs of Zwift. Why is everything subscription these days?

Just discovered BKool app. very similar to Zwift but has many more routes and covers all the major climbs of the Tour de France. Even better is that the subscription is a fraction of the price of Zwift. Not as many riders as Zwift. For example rode round Richmond Park on Friday, very popular training venue for cyclists, but there were only 3 other riders on at the same time as me.

Return to “General Chat”