A vehicle is a vehicle

Advanced Driving across Europe
sussex2

A vehicle is a vehicle

Postby sussex2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 am

martine

Re: A vehicle is a vehicle

Postby martine » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 am

Interesting - I wonder if he could end up with points on a driving licence from riding an electric scooter while drunk?
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

sussex2

Re: A vehicle is a vehicle

Postby sussex2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:49 pm

martine wrote:Interesting - I wonder if he could end up with points on a driving licence from riding an electric scooter while drunk?

Not at the moment but he will get an equivalent fine.
You don't get points 'on' a licence in many European countries but you have them removed from it.
As an example in Spain you have 12 points 'on' your licence (less for new licence holders) and they are removed for infractions. In the case of you being a good driver for three years the number is increased to 15. It's a carrot and stick approach.
At the moment you do not have your permit removed for a minor drink driving offence though this is due to change.
There are many, very many, random breath/drug testing (mobile) stations set up all over the country and to be stopped by one is not at all unusual. I was on a bus in Vigo when the driver had to nip into the back of a van and do his bit for road safety; none of the passengers thought it remarkable.

Return to “Europe”