Speed limiters mandatory from 2022?

Technology in driving is becoming more dominant...
RiK

Re: Speed limiters mandatory from 2022?

Postby RiK » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Message came via our group secretary so we didn’t have an actual discussion about it, I just went for the path of least resistance and deleted it.
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi.

Appears that the responses to that post have come to the attentions of more than one of the IAM management HQ don't seem to be taking the criticism very well. But then how can you have a communications manager who prefers to take public transport to driving himself. IAM HQ seem to have lost their way and many groups are far more interested in education of road users than the corporate centre, who seem to have joined the 20 plenty and man with a red flag brigade. Very disappointing, but I guess there is more money in corporate and awareness courses. welcome to IAM Ltd.
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:02 am

I'm quite happy for them to come back to me. They were the ones who shut down the private forum for discussion and said they were happy to wash their dirty laundry in public.

I had my wrists slapped a while back direct from the last standards guy (Mark ???? ) about some comments. Told him they need to vet their posts better.

PS. This topic is public as it is not specifically IAM ;)
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:PS. This topic is public as it is not specifically IAM ;)

even if it were in the IAM sub-forum here - that is only restricted to registered members - it is not restricted to IAM only members as I have no way of validating IAM membership... and as we allow anyone who looks genuine to register - effectively, anything on this forum could enter the public domain ;)

Alasdair

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:50 pm

akirk wrote:

even if it were in the IAM sub-forum here - that is only restricted to registered members - it is not restricted to IAM only members as I have no way of validating IAM membership... and as we allow anyone who looks genuine to register - effectively, anything on this forum could enter the public domain ;)

Alasdair

But at least the IAM section is hidden from the Google search bot.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

akirk

Postby akirk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:19 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
akirk wrote:

Alasdair

But at least the IAM section is hidden from the Google search bot.

very true...

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Why would we need it to be a private forum we are all promoting driver/rider education if we are critical of an organisation we have first hand knowledge of we should be able to say so, as long are it is not libellous, and a mature organisation should listen to and consider all feed back.
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

RiK

Postby RiK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:19 am

exportmanuk wrote:a mature organisation should listen to and consider all feed back.

Indeed..
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

kfae8959

Postby kfae8959 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:02 pm

exportmanuk wrote:But then how can you have a communications manager who prefers to take public transport to driving himself.

To whom does your comment refer? And isn't public transport the most "advanced" choice for many journeys?

David

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Will ES vehicles be exempt?
If so, under what circumstances?

Return to “Technology”