Motorcycle airbag jackets

Technology in driving is becoming more dominant...
janetwise-griggs

Re: Motorcycle airbag jackets

Postby janetwise-griggs » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks for the video I'll look into that after I've tried the AlpineStars things which I won't buy if they don't fit properly.

janetwise-griggs

Postby janetwise-griggs » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:02 pm

I forgot to say I live just outside the M25 in Surrey.

Ohlins

Postby Ohlins » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm

If you live in Surrey, then I'd very highly recommend starting with asking Kate at Hideout for her advice (email or, ideally, arranging a chat on the phone). She has got to be one of the UK's top experts on motorcycle clothing, not to mention that Hideout is a pleasure to deal with.

I ended up visiting Hideout after buying my jacket and wish I'd gone there first. I've since bought pants from them, and Hideout is a giant step up in quality and protection (compared to Astars/Dainese). Also, nothing off-the-shelf can compare to the comfort of made-to-measure. The downside is price, but Hideout crafts leathers to last 20+ years if you look after them.

Adventure Bike Rider magazine review of Hideout wrote:"if it’s good enough for Rebecca Ferguson and an elite anti-terrorism unit, then it’s good enough for me!"

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/gear ... -leathers/

janetwise-griggs

Postby janetwise-griggs » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm

I'll go made to measure if I have to but I do like the AlpineStars airbag system. Realistically, I've only got about 8 years of motorcycling left and it's hard enough now. I'm probably on my last bike or maybe I'll get a proper Superbike to have a last fling next year. I can only ride now because I wear contact lenses so I can see properly but my hands suffer quite a lot, I have an up/down quick shifter which is great in this respect.

Return to “Technology”