Road works speed limits

Articles of interest to the AD community, currently in the news.
Horse

Re: Road works speed limits

Postby Horse » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:49 am

For anyone interested, all of the research behind increased limits through roadworks are here:

https://highwaysengland.co.uk/industry/ ... roadworks/
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

GTR1400MAN

Re: Road works speed limits

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:38 pm

More dangerous roadworks have popped up in Suffolk and Essex on the A12 and A14. :(

I've had enough :( and have just written to Highways England regarding the A14 junction 58 to junction 62 resurfacing works.

I am writing to alert you to the serious safety issue that these (and other similar) roadworks are causing in the East of England area.

I fully understand the 40mph limit being in place at the times work is taking place. The problem is the limit still being clearly in place when the road is deserted during the day.

Why should I put myself in danger on my motorcycle, or in my car, by sticking to the posted limit when 90% of other vehicles are thundering past at the National Speed Limit (and then some)? Surely these red roundel speed limit signs should be covered or folded in half, as happens at many sites? My only real option is to go with the flow of the traffic and risk being caught one day for speeding.

If you are going to have limits in place and want them respected when your workforce is on the road, then you either need these limits enforced by average cameras or they need to be removed/covered when no work is taking place.

I look forward to your reply regarding this matter.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Return to “In The News”