Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Articles of interest to the AD community, currently in the news.
crr003
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby crr003 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:15 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
crr003 wrote:https://youtu.be/hBQ7nr48DuI

Quality presentation.

:o How did you find that? It's an Unlisted video so is not included in any search results or on their YT page!

Well it's my computah skilz innit! :ugeek:

Or, I follow IAM Roadsmart on Facebook for a laugh and saw this (13 July):

"Government has launched a new “Travel Like You Know Them” campaign that promotes the recent changes to the Highway Code, which will help improve road safety for people walking, cycling and horse riding. Tell us what you think of the campaign! https://youtu.be/hBQ7nr48DuI"

User avatar
GTR1400MAN
Posts: 2048
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:26 pm

crr003 wrote:Or, I follow IAM Roadsmart on Facebook for a laugh and saw this (13 July):

"Government has launched a new “Travel Like You Know Them” campaign that promotes the recent changes to the Highway Code, which will help improve road safety for people walking, cycling and horse riding. Tell us what you think of the campaign! https://youtu.be/hBQ7nr48DuI"

So do I but hadn't seen that.

What a strange way for a campaign to be run with Unlisted videos. :shock:

A bit more searching knowing the campaign name brings up these two pages of resources:

https://www.think.gov.uk/campaign/trave ... know-them/

https://www.think.gov.uk/campaign/highway-code-changes/

Both of which are on topic for JUNCTIONS (side streets). No mention of RABs anywhere
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

crr003
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby crr003 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:48 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
crr003 wrote:Or, I follow IAM Roadsmart on Facebook for a laugh and saw this (13 July):

"Government has launched a new “Travel Like You Know Them” campaign that promotes the recent changes to the Highway Code, which will help improve road safety for people walking, cycling and horse riding. Tell us what you think of the campaign! https://youtu.be/hBQ7nr48DuI"

So do I but hadn't seen that.

What a strange way for a campaign to be run with Unlisted videos. :shock:

A bit more searching knowing the campaign name brings up these two pages of resources:

https://www.think.gov.uk/campaign/trave ... know-them/

https://www.think.gov.uk/campaign/highway-code-changes/

Both of which are on topic for JUNCTIONS (side streets). No mention of RABs anywhere

Maybe IAM released too soon?
Can you not see it - I still can?

User avatar
GTR1400MAN
Posts: 2048
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:04 pm

crr003 wrote:Can you not see it - I still can?

Yes, I can see the post if I go to their page. I've commented on it, as they asked for opinions.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Jonquirk
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:48 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby Jonquirk » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:02 pm

They can change priority as much as they like but when I’m crossing a road on foot, or on a bicycle (on a cycle path) I would rather pass behind a car than in front of it, even if the driver has brought it to a standstill,

crr003
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby crr003 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:16 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:Quite a bit of time has passed since this all became 'live'.

We were promised a full driver education publicity campaign. Has anyone seen anything?

I'm still waiting to see some clarification of what they really meant with regard to letting pedestrians cross if waiting to in a side road and if/how this relates to RABs (which I don't believe it does as it is not in that section of the HWC)

An update:

https://youtu.be/ahDPuCInKJU

User avatar
GTR1400MAN
Posts: 2048
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:36 am

crr003 wrote:An update:

https://youtu.be/ahDPuCInKJU


At 4:50 "The confusion is obvious" ... yes, because YOU are wrong! :o
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

crr003
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Highway Code Review for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders

Postby crr003 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:06 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
crr003 wrote:An update:

https://youtu.be/ahDPuCInKJU


At 4:50 "The confusion is obvious" ... yes, because YOU are wrong! :o

But how's that possible? Didn't he get an email from DVSA........? Somebody got an email from DVSA. They must know.

My update is no one knows the changes - I don't know where AA/RAC got 61% from. They didn't ask me. Would have got run over this morning relying on this stuff.


Return to “In The News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests