Home page picture?

Post here for any improvements, ideas, thoughts you might have.
Playtent

Home page picture?

Postby Playtent » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Can we have a nice picture as the homepage when we first click onto the google search like ADUK have. I'm feeling a bit second best! It does look nice though.

akirk

Re: Home page picture?

Postby akirk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:04 pm

:D mmm

there are certainly plans to have a front end to the website - I need to find some time! However we need to think through what information would be useful to provide (I have some ideas)... we won't however be sticking it on Wordpress which might possibly be in use on some other website :D

Alasdair

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:41 pm

right - we have some pretty pictures on the front page: www.advanceddrivinghub.com
randomly chosen - if anyone has an objection to a specific photo based on it not representing AD, then let me know :)

other bits to come as I have time!

Alasdair

Playtent

Postby Playtent » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Very nice.. Just a thought how you could improve it, you could always put a picture of me on there if you'd like me to send you one! ;)

waremark

Postby waremark » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 am

A growing set of resources? What do you have in mind?

akirk

Postby akirk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:25 am

waremark wrote:A growing set of resources? What do you have in mind?

I think there is a very simple opportunity to provide a library on the site... Links to helpful videos / articles... There is a suggestion in another thread that we collate good driving roads, perhaps map them etc... That kind of thing, for me the forum is the main purpose of the website, but I think that there are a few extras which will add value... Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed...

Alasdair

Silk

Postby Silk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Playtent wrote:Can we have a nice picture as the homepage when we first click onto the google search like ADUK have. I'm feeling a bit second best! It does look nice though.

I prefer it as it is. I like the minimalism. Having another page is just a waste of a mouse click.

akirk

Postby akirk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Silk wrote:
Playtent wrote:Can we have a nice picture as the homepage when we first click onto the google search like ADUK have. I'm feeling a bit second best! It does look nice though.

I prefer it as it is. I like the minimalism. Having another page is just a waste of a mouse click.

we do have a picture on the front page :)
as the forum sits at advanceddrivinghub.com/forum/ it is in a sub-folder of the website...
therefore we have a page at advanceddrivinghub.com which redirects - that page has a picture - I have no intention of adding in extra steps in the forum section...

Alasdair

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 pm

akirk wrote:we do have a picture on the front page :)

Appears to be commented out
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

akirk

Postby akirk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Gareth wrote:
akirk wrote:we do have a picture on the front page :)

Appears to be commented out

the commented out image is our logo for our CMS system which is not live on here, though we may add it in the future if we build a resource of driving roads /videos / etc. i have removed it for now...

the image I was refering to is the page background...

Alasdair

Return to “This Website”