Help with PM's

Post here for any improvements, ideas, thoughts you might have.
skodatezzer

Help with PM's

Postby skodatezzer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Just tried to send Gareth a PM - typed "Gareth" into the "who to" box, put in a subject, typed me message, pressed "submit" and there it was, gone! No sign eithe in outbox or sent message boxes. What have I done wrong? Also, can I send a "round robin" PM and how - will be trying to sort the matrix for the Meon Valley driving day in the near future.

Please can any responses to this make allowance for the fact that I am an idiot with computers. Woody Allen once described himself as being "at two" with nature - that's me with Information Technology!! :oops:

Thanks

Terry

angus

Re: Help with PM's

Postby angus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:11 pm

But did you click on "Add" box so Gareth was on the list of recipients?

RiK

Postby RiK » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Anywhere you see a persons name on the forum you can click on it to go to their profile page, bottom left of there is a link to PM them. If you click that their name will be filled in already.
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

skodatezzer

Postby skodatezzer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 am

angus wrote:But did you click on "Add" box so Gareth was on the list of recipients?

Ah...... Oh...... :oops:

skodatezzer

Postby skodatezzer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am

RiK wrote:Anywhere you see a persons name on the forum you can click on it to go to their profile page, bottom left of there is a link to PM them. If you click that their name will be filled in already.

Thanks!

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm

skodatezzer wrote:Just tried to send Gareth a PM - typed "Gareth" into the "who to" box, put in a subject, typed me message, pressed "submit" and there it was, gone! No sign eithe in outbox or sent message boxes. What have I done wrong? Also, can I send a "round robin" PM and how - will be trying to sort the matrix for the Meon Valley driving day in the near future.

Please can any responses to this make allowance for the fact that I am an idiot with computers. Woody Allen once described himself as being "at two" with nature - that's me with Information Technology!! :oops:

Thanks

Terry

Sounds like the first is sorted (although the PM system wouldn't normally let you send a message with no recipients - actually what happens is the Submit button verifies the recipient's name and puts you in "Preview" - then you have to press Submit again). Re "round robin", you can't create chain letters, but you can add as many recipients as you need to for a single PM. Just keep typing the names in and pressing "Add".

PM.jpg
PM.jpg (34.47 KiB) Viewed 15137 times

Was that what you meant?
Nick

skodatezzer

Postby skodatezzer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 am

Thanks, Nick.

Return to “This Website”