Yet another....

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
BobG

Re: Yet another....

Postby BobG » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Yea! Many thanks for the advice about image size reduction. I managed it. And some of you might recognise the location too.

Mr Toad: are you a gentleman I know? If that is a yes then you must be based near either Banbury, Bristol or Telford. Hi in every case! As for the practice, if your Christian name is Tony, then ok, but not what we discussed. I had a bit of a domestic issue to resolve shortly after we met. By the time I could focus on what you suggested, I couldn't remember half of 'em. So, pathetic by me I know but I could do with a reminder...

M1ke H: are you ever in reach of Cirencester and its environs? Or conversely, would I be in reach of you from there?

And one oither thing I should have said when I got onto the new love in my life. She was previously in the care of, for a considerable period of time, James Wheeler of Black and White Garage and general Alfisti fame.

Cheers

BobG

MrToad

Postby MrToad » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 pm

You have identified me correctly - next time I'll make sure the notes get written down in more detail ;)

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Welcome. I also owned a number of Alfas in the past. Will probably meet up at the drive in April and good to see you found the Banbury coach.

BobG

Postby BobG » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 pm

He scared the living daylights out of me :) Not literally. But the scale of the improvements I need to make is have found really is quite frightening.

BobG

vanman

Postby vanman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:30 pm

BobG wrote:He scared the living daylights out of me :) Not literally. But the scale of the improvements I need to make is have found really is quite frightening.

BobG

Don't worry, I started with the IAM 30 years ago and I'm still frightfull. :evil: Despite what others say, :oops: I am still trying to improve honest :gear:

BobG

Postby BobG » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:28 am

I've been off the air quite some while. All sorts of excuses - but nothing to be proud of. However, the inexorable advance of the years has prompted me to do something I have wanted to do for decades...

I am writing this, sat on a very hard bed, in a town called Ibagué in central Colombia. 7000 miles from home. And I absolutely love it. A fantastic country. Fantastic people. Fantastic scenery. And a few fantastic roads too. Google 'la ruta de Gran Cordillera de Colombia'. It's new. An engineering marvel. A scenic marvel. And a driving marvel too. We are far too parochial... I had bever heard if it before 2 days ago. Am I unique in my parochialism?

Regards

BobG

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Hello Bob, greetings from Wootton Bassett. Let me know if you fancy a drive out some time.
Nick

BobG

Postby BobG » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Just down the road from me Mr C-W. I'd love to meet up. Won't be for a while though. I'm doing this Colombia thing in depth... Spring?

BobG

Return to “Introductions”