Hello all

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
RiK

Re: Hello all

Postby RiK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:17 pm

AndyP wrote:During the latest long round of road repairs/closures, part of my devious cross country route are lost

Thankfully open again now though, I was out that way a while back :-)
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

AndyP

Postby AndyP » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Ahh thanks.
Went by last week, shut where it joins the A46.
Testing tomorrow so I will look.
It is not WHAT you drive, BUT:-- the WAY that you drive it.
It is not HOW fast you drive, BUT:-- HOW you drive fast.

Cheers Andy

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm

AndyP wrote::soap:
During my previous incarnation a ton plus on response or training would have been no problem. :racing: On Masters 50 t0 60 no problem.
If I may say that 9 out of 10 Advanced test drivers struggle to go more than 45 after changing up to 5/6/7th.

If someone is being a mobile road block, I'm not sure how you can call them advanced. I'd expect that to be a l test fail ffs

RiK

Postby RiK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 pm

AndyP wrote:Ahh thanks.
Went by last week, shut where it joins the A46.
Testing tomorrow so I will look.

Ah, must admit I didn't go up to the A46, but the part pre-Pucklechurch was (finally) clear..
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

AndyP

Postby AndyP » Sun May 05, 2019 4:21 pm

I was hasty in buying/taking the course, take it on the chin, and move on.

OH NO NO NO.

Of course not. Well done to you. You passed.
NO ONE ever goes away from a test with me empty handed. LOADS to work on. [Only as long as they are up for it or not demoralised.]
[Some think they have failed, even BADLY, then are surprised when they get get a FIRST]
As an Examiner [if] after I fail someone I know there are going to be some unfavourable comments knocking about especially if the candidate was [unfairly] advised they were FIRST level.

Sometimes it is all on the day. I have trained Advanced Police students and Police driving instructors and expected them to get a stunning result/report/mark. Only to find an out of character skill, error, or technique was displayed, [mmm well I must have over believed in there talents else it would not have happened] [or] the well known TESTITUS crept in.

As others have implied in this thread. First rung of the ladder. I have scraped onto rung three and still a long way to go ha ha.
NO ONE can take the very sound training you have had away from you.

SO again well done for fully improving your skills. Come again for another re tests anytime you want after any updates and a period of consolidation.

Best wishes.
It is not WHAT you drive, BUT:-- the WAY that you drive it.
It is not HOW fast you drive, BUT:-- HOW you drive fast.

Cheers Andy

Return to “Introductions”