Citigo - 300 miles later.

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
TheInsanity1234

Re: Citigo - 300 miles later.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Bumblebee16 wrote:Congratulations! My daughter has just passed her 2nd year of Physics at Sussex and loves the course (she gets her brains from her Dad).

Is she doing a Msc or a Bsc course?

Bumblebee16 wrote:I was excited last week because my Renault Clio had travelled 100,000 miles - I've had her from almost new (it had 58 miles on the clock when I bought it). She still looks good after being cleaned, despite being black. No sunroof, no heated front seats and now no air-con, but I still love my little car!

We had a '57 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi,it was black, had a sun roof, AC and very little else. It was my mum's favourite car to drive in her history of cars, and we took it up to just shy of 120k miles from brand new (with like 7 miles on the clock). We had to get rid of it as it was starting to make a variety of clunking noises and my parents decided that the car was going to get too expensive to run, with various bits needing replacing. So they replaced it three years ago with our '61 Yeti. Annoyingly, having just checked the MOT history website, our old Clio has clocked up just shy of 140k miles, and appears to still be in working order, as the latest MOT (June 2016) shows a pass with just one advisory item.

Bumblebee16 wrote:Happy motoring and good luck at Liverpool.

Debbie

Thank you!

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:50 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:Also, an update for you all. I discovered this morning that I've just been accepted into the University of Liverpool to study a Physics Msc! :mrgreen: :D

Well done, we need many more scientists, especially in Physics.
I'm looking to you to further research into and, hopefully application of, fusion.
Always be brave and stand your ground if you think you have discovered something that has been looked for.

Bumblebee16

Postby Bumblebee16 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:18 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
Bumblebee16 wrote:Congratulations! My daughter has just passed her 2nd year of Physics at Sussex and loves the course (she gets her brains from her Dad).

Is she doing a Msc or a Bsc course?

Mini Bumblebee has decided not to do the Masters.

She is a mature student and didn't go down the conventional route to get to uni!

After doing her AS Levels, she stopped attending college. We didn't find out until the end of the Autumn term, when we received a letter from college asking if she would be continuing her studies, and informing us about her non-attendance for a few weeks!
She got a job, and bought a flat in Brighton at the age of 19.
Once she settled, she decided she would like to continue with her studies, so found a tutor and took some modules in Physics and Maths. She did a one year Foundation course at Sussex and was accepted onto the degree course. Most of her friends are taking the Masters, but mini BB decided not to. Her aim is to get a good degree, then a decent job so that she can upgrade to a house!

skodatezzer

Postby skodatezzer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:08 pm

akirk wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:Also, an update for you all. I discovered this morning that I've just been accepted into the University of Liverpool to study a Physics Msc! :mrgreen: :D

Tremendous news - congratulations!!

(still hold to my view that physicists are weird, tho') :twisted:

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Bumblebee16 wrote:My daughter has just passed her 2nd year of Physics at Sussex and loves the course (she gets her brains from her Dad).

You should be proud of her. At least she is not at the other end of the scale. :)

Bumblebee16

Postby Bumblebee16 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Strangely Brown wrote:
Bumblebee16 wrote:My daughter has just passed her 2nd year of Physics at Sussex and loves the course (she gets her brains from her Dad).

You should be proud of her. At least she is not at the other end of the scale. :)

I'm immensely proud of her.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:39 pm

skodatezzer wrote:(still hold to my view that physicists are weird, tho') :twisted:

The physicists in my wife's family aren't that weird and really contribute to our built world, mainly aircraft.

Return to “General Chat”