Welcome & Approach

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
StressedDave

Re: Welcome & Approach

Postby StressedDave » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:46 pm

MrToad wrote:The disadvantage of removing all posts is the mess it makes of old threads - veterans of the Separation Master debacle will remember how confusing it all got when his many posts disappeared overnight. I put a bit of thought into nine years of contributions over there, and still hope that we won't need to abandon it all.

There's also the consideration that many Google searches presumably currently return results that are very critical of BRAKE. Even those that aren't will generally propose a way of thinking about road safety that is very different to their way. Removing those from the record doesn't seem like a helpful thing to do.

Don't care - it's not as though I've written usefully or extensively over there. :lol:
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:47 pm

StressedDave wrote:I have, and judging by the amount of access I now seem to have - not even to the public side - Martin has performed an excellent slash and burn. Not even my posts still exist.

Your posts have gone, but not the replies when you've been quoted. It's a bit drastic, and something of a shame - there were a few posts I used to reference and cross-post on SELOC when people were spouting shit about vehicle dynamics :lol:

Horse

Postby Horse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:49 pm

StressedDave wrote: it's not as though I've written usefully or extensively over there.

Your posts have often been interesting and useful to me :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

gannet

Postby gannet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Horse wrote:
StressedDave wrote: it's not as though I've written usefully or extensively over there.

Your posts have often been interesting and useful to me :)

and me...

Playtent

Postby Playtent » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:09 pm

StressedDave wrote:Don't care - it's not as though I've written anything remotely usefully over there. :lol:

I'll second that! :D

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Your account has gone Brown, although if it hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to help any more, because I've now been removed from the admin list. Martin / JonT - you too?
Nick

martine

Postby martine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Yes - I'm no longer an admin on ADUK as of this afternoon. I did manage to delete user account and posts from 2 ADUK members earlier today.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Oh yes, I seem to have lost privileges over there. Maybe Rob noticed swathes of "value" disappearing? Bit impolite not to say anything about it.

Darren's last post over there perhaps adds a little enlightenment. ADUK as the new club driving...?

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:17 pm

I think Darren always had that ambition - to supplement / replace / subsume the AD qualifications available by offering his own. A laudable ambition, even if a bit of a pipedream, certainly from a hands-off standpoint.
Nick

Playtent

Postby Playtent » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:54 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I think Darren always had that ambition - to supplement / replace / subsume the AD qualifications available by offering his own. A laudable ambition, even if a bit of a pipedream, certainly from a hands-off standpoint.

I wonder why he didn't make it known that he was looking to move on so others could have considered the challenge.

Just curious for when you sell my posts to Brake, who's is this now?

Return to “General Chat”