Theft potential of possible new car?

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
jont-

Re: Theft potential of possible new car?

Postby jont- » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Jonquirk wrote:It won't be long before cars need a rubber bumper all the way round. The Citroen Cactus is just a forerunner.

I'd rather we stopped having to share our car parks with people incapable of operating a car sufficiently accurately not to collide with objects around it.

More likely "autonomous" cars will solve the problem, until driver used to that facility borrows a car without it :roll:

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Company / leased car syndrome.

Looked on as a disposable commodity. :(
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

fungus

Postby fungus » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Jonquirk wrote:It won't be long before cars need a rubber bumper all the way round. The Citroen Cactus is just a forerunner.

IIAC, the Post Office vans from the 1950s/60s had rubber wings.

Nigel.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks for replies. We like to have a performance car alongside a shopping car.
We keep our cars for a long time and managed to hang onto an Astra GTE16v, despite two theft attempts, since sold and still have a Classic Impreza TurboWagon, luckily never the subject of a theft intent.
Thing is, we need a new performance car, the Impreza I'm thinking of keeping as an investment.
So, is it the Civic Type R, Golf R or Focus RS?

Btw, what really angers me is that the judicial system does not come down hard enough on car thieves.
I suspect that's because of "green" nonsense and sentencing guidelines.

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:44 am

We've a friend who often complains about their car being scratched/dented in car parks.
I have however had the 'pleasure' of being with them whilst they cruise the car park looking for a space closest to the entrance; eventually squeezing into the tightest spot.
My comment that we could have parked in a clear spot ten minutes ago was lost on them :roll:

jont-

Postby jont- » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:23 am

sussex2 wrote:We've a friend who often complains about their car being scratched/dented in car parks.
I have however had the 'pleasure' of being with them whilst they cruise the car park looking for a space closest to the entrance; eventually squeezing into the tightest spot.
My comment that we could have parked in a clear spot ten minutes ago was lost on them :roll:

I often park in a clear spot, far from the entrance only to come back and find my car has been used as an alignment guide by others :headbang:

Again, part of the problem is the UK anti-car lobby/planning stupidity - at least for all new developments the simple answer would simply be to have larger spaces (particularly given the trend for each new generation of car to get larger), but this never seems to be up for consideration.

Return to “General Chat”