The EU - Leave or Remain?

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Rolyan

Re: The EU - Leave or Remain?

Postby Rolyan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:08 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:Wow! Progress.

Looks like you've skipped stage 3 and moved straight onto stage 4. At this rate you'll be normal by tomorrow.

Nah, I'm at stage 7.

I'm going to drink myself into a stupor tonight. :)

Or you could man up, accept the democratic vote, try just one little tiny bit to understand those who might have a different opinion to you, and work to make the UK prosper.

Being an adult entails not always getting your own way. Being a child is taking your bat home when you don't.

chriskay

Postby chriskay » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:18 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:
Please keep up, he's a scientist.

He's not a scientist, he's a very naughty boy; apart from anything else, he's an underage drinker. :nono:
Carpe diem

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:41 am

Rolyan wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:Wow! Progress.

Looks like you've skipped stage 3 and moved straight onto stage 4. At this rate you'll be normal by tomorrow.

Nah, I'm at stage 7.

I'm going to drink myself into a stupor tonight. :)

Or you could man up, accept the democratic vote, try just one little tiny bit to understand those who might have a different opinion to you, and work to make the UK prosper.

Being an adult entails not always getting your own way. Being a child is taking your bat home when you don't.

'Make the UK prosper'
Ah! As the Scottish lady said 'There's the rub'
What is the UK, or, what will it be in a short while if it exists at all.
The changes ahead are going to be massive and quite how a divided country pulls together no body is certain.
In my opinion to think otherwise is to underestimate the scale of the change that is to come.
The changes that may be forced on our closest neighbour, Ireland, may also be huge and could even mean a fresh round of civil strife.
We cannot 'work together' until there is some kind of plan and there is none.
It is all so desperately sad.

Rolyan

Postby Rolyan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:19 pm

If it's as sad as you keep saying, please help by working with us to make it a success. If it's not as sad as you keep saying, please help by working with us to make it a success.

Most of the leavers I know were fully aware of the huge changes this may bring, but I can understand why the remainers can't or won't accept that. You won't even begin to understand it, or accept it, until you acknowledge that most leavers thought this through just as much as you, considered the implications just as much as you, and are just as passionate and patriotic as you.

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:33 pm

chriskay wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:

He's not a scientist, he's a very naughty boy; apart from anything else, he's an underage drinker. :nono:

Lol, please keep up.

I turned 18 in December last year.

And anyway, there's no actual law preventing under 18s from drinking alcohol in private homes, simply just the law preventing the sale of alcohol to under 18s and under 18s drinking in public places.

chriskay

Postby chriskay » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Wow, time flies. It seems like only yesterday you passed your driving test.
Carpe diem

akirk

Postby akirk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:20 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
chriskay wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:

Lol, please keep up.

I turned 18 in December last year.

And anyway, there's no actual law preventing under 18s from drinking alcohol in private homes, simply just the law preventing the sale of alcohol to under 18s and under 18s drinking in public places.

without wishing to be tooo pedantic... ;)
the law does restrict alcohol from being given to those 5 & under...
but I think you might be safe on that one anyway!

Alasdair

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:12 pm

chriskay wrote:Wow, time flies. It seems like only yesterday you passed your driving test.

Quite.

I passed on the 18th February 2015. One year and four months of driving.

Quite surreal.

Been going through a lot of upheaval in my life lately, had to quit the signing choir I've been a member of for almost two years, final exam tomorrow morning, application for a hearing dog is progressing very well.

There's also been a lot of emotional times due to having to say goodbye to people I never thought I'd care about two years ago.

Everything is weird.

akirk wrote:without wishing to be tooo pedantic... ;)
the law does restrict alcohol from being given to those 5 & under...
but I think you might be safe on that one anyway!

Alasdair

Oh yes, that slipped my mind.

ancient

Postby ancient » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:02 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:Oh yes, that slipped my mind.

yeah, that happens as age creeps up on you :P .

ChristianAB

Postby ChristianAB » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Seriously people, give TheInsanity1234 a break.

On top of that, this has been very traumatic for a large part of the British people and thus cannot and will not heal overnight.

The facts are simple: despite all that doom and gloom talk, the EU cannot simply toss around the fifth largest economy in the world and what 'used' to be the second largest in Europe. But hurt people don't care about facts, here and in the EU.
Just as the Remainers dismissed the Leavers before the vote and paid a hefty price, now the Leavers should be working hard to appease and heal the trauma of the Remainers or they too may suffer disproportionally from it.
Think about what it took to oust Blatter from FIFA. That's how bad those bureaucrats in the EU will cling to their privileges. It's doable, but not if the British don't go at each other indefinitely. Just look at Scotland. As clueless as Nicola Sturgeon is, she is nonetheless damn' serious.

So please people. The war is may not be over, but after such a bloodied battle, it's time to attend to the wounded on both sides and show compassion.

Return to “General Chat”