Intensity

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Astraist

Re: Intensity

Postby Astraist » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:05 pm

StressedDave wrote:Not as low speed as you might think. I've seen plenty of people with their hands in that particular position.

In that particular case, is there a particular difficulty with keeping the opposite palm stationay (you aren't going to have to swtich hands anway) and, finishing the pulling down, bring the other hand back across from the opposite hand?

As you already know, I personally just initiate pulling from across the steering wheel. Does help with keeping your hands at a reasonable hand-position mid-corner, supplies good sensitivity and allows to do a lot of steering in one swoop.

I'd hate to do it perfectly fixed-input either. I mean, it's possible, but is a bit awkward too.

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:21 am

Astraist wrote:In that particular case, is there a particular difficulty with keeping the opposite palm stationay (you aren't going to have to swtich hands anway) and, finishing the pulling down, bring the other hand back across from the opposite hand?

In theory no, but in practice you'd have already slid your hand downwards in preparation of moving it beyond 180 degrees...
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

Astraist

Postby Astraist » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:08 am

Well, you'd know about that.

I don't see a lot of Pull-Push going on. Here, Learners are taught to use rotational (hand over-hand) and you'd actually be failed if you used Pull-Push. Don't ask me why.

Silk

Postby Silk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:38 am

StressedDave wrote:
Astraist wrote:In that particular case, is there a particular difficulty with keeping the opposite palm stationay (you aren't going to have to swtich hands anway) and, finishing the pulling down, bring the other hand back across from the opposite hand?

In theory no, but in practice you'd have already slid your hand downwards in preparation of moving it beyond 180 degrees...

I always use the CORRECT method of steering. How to I know this? The car always goes in the direction I wish it to, so it must be CORRECT.

What is this CORRECT method, you ask? It's far too complicated to put into words, so I won't.

To all those still using the INCORRECT method - mind how you go. :steering:

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:05 pm

:mrgreen: That's as good a philosophy as any

hir

Postby hir » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:29 am

Triquet wrote::mrgreen: That's as good a philosophy as any

Mr Triquet, I put it to you, although Mr Silk is a Smooth talker is it not unreasonable to ask the question... is his philosophy one that can be regarded as Safe, Accurate and under Complete Intellectual Control at all times? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Chat”