Does anyone ever see a blue IAM badge?

Topics relating to Advanced Driving on anything that is not a car or bike, from lorries to vans, buses to hovercrafts...
EasyShifter

Does anyone ever see a blue IAM badge?

Postby EasyShifter » Mon May 30, 2016 10:23 am

I'm just curious, that's all - been a member of the IAM since 1971 and seem to remember seeing a blue badge (Commercial vehicles advanced test) on a van once, but apart from that, to the best of my memory, I've never seen another. The test is still offered, and various courses are available, but I'm curious about whether the test itself is very often taken.
Michael

martine

Re: Does anyone ever see a blue IAM badge?

Postby martine » Tue May 31, 2016 2:17 pm

Yes extremely rare...in the last 10 years my group has seen precisely no 'commercial' associates. we did have an enquiry from an HGV driver who was interested in doing the commercial advanced course and test (aka 'blue badge')...until we pointed out he had to supply his own vehicle :roll:

Bearing in mind most IAM members do not display a badge of any sort, I think the chances of seeing a blue one, on the road is about the same as seeing a white-van driver who indicates (sorry vanman...just a joke).
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Tue May 31, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm fairly certain one of the people who takes part in driving days passed in a van, as well as in a car and on a bike.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

gjohns

Postby gjohns » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:04 pm

I did mine in our 10m American motorhome. I never display the badge because most of the time it's my wife driving. Wouldn't like people to get the wrong impression.....................

Bumblebee16

Postby Bumblebee16 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 am

gjohns wrote:I did mine in our 10m American motorhome. I never display the badge because most of the time it's my wife driving. Wouldn't like people to get the wrong impression.....................

This made me laugh!

Return to “Advanced Driving - Other”