VCDS...

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
TheInsanity1234

VCDS...

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Bit of a long shot here, but anyone on here have VCDS and lives reasonably close to me?

Got a few things I want changing on the Citigo :mrgreen:

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Re: VCDS...

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun May 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Join Briskoda and ask on there - there will be hundreds.
Nick

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:14 pm

I am already on Briskoda and found someone who works in Newbury but his timetable doesn't really gel with my timetable, so was wondering if there was anyone else closer who might have a more ideal timetable.

Oh well, I guess I shall have to wait until half term when I can nip out to Newbury during his lunch hour.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sun May 22, 2016 6:14 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:Bit of a long shot here, but anyone on here have VCDS and lives reasonably close to me?

Got a few things I want changing on the Citigo :mrgreen:

Put simply, don't, outside main dealer, whilst in warranty.

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:28 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:Put simply, don't, outside main dealer, whilst in warranty.

The only thing I want to do to it really is switch on cornering fog lights if possible. That wouldn't be noticeable to dealers, would it?

I'd actually asked the dealer to do it as part of the PDI, but due to time constrictions, I told them to forget it if it means I got the car sooner.

But the dealer was willing to try it, and never said anything about invalidating the warranty.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sun May 22, 2016 6:38 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:Put simply, don't, outside main dealer, whilst in warranty.

The only thing I want to do to it really is switch on cornering fog lights if possible. That wouldn't be noticeable to dealers, would it?

I'd actually asked the dealer to do it as part of the PDI, but due to time constrictions, I told them to forget it if it means I got the car sooner.

But the dealer was willing to try it, and never said anything about invalidating the warranty.

Thing is, manufacturers are now tuned into folks doing their own reprogramming. Reprogramming can give them an out when it comes to a warranty claim.
Cornering fog lights? I'd have thought the cornering facility would require motors and I'd be surprised if motors were fitted to a non cornering spec model.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun May 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Doesn't involve motors - just turns on the relevant foglight. What exactly it's meant to provide, I have no idea, apart from bling :D
Nick

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sun May 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Are we actually discussing this http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/ ... ght-static
Ain't fogs.
Reason I ask is because fogs have a specific switch on consideration.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun May 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Nope. Something like this:

You've probably seen them coming towards you and thought "ey-up - one of his foglights 'as died". No, just a gimmick in operation...
Nick

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sun May 22, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm probably being stupid but, do these foglights come on when it's not foggy?
If so, was my point about "specific consideration". Fog lights for fog only, surely?

Return to “General Chat”