Howdy

A good place to post when you join - it is a good idea to post here first so that people know something about you, and you will get a nice welcome.
TheInsanity1234

Re: Howdy

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:46 pm

fungus wrote:
jont- wrote:
sussex2 wrote:We had a 'sort of' ST for several years and it was one of the best cars we've had.
I say 'sort of' because it had the suspension and running gear of the ST but a diesel engine.
The car, as far as I am aware, was only ever produced for the Spanish market and served us very well indeed; aside from eating tyres it never let us down, not even a light bulb.

I wish car makers would do the opposite (ST engine, but small wheels, softer suspension etc).

The worst I've come across is my daughters R53 Cooper S with sports plus suspension and runflat tyres on 17 inch wheels. It had just as well be a go cart the suspensions so hard. Too hard to take full advantage of on the fast section of the B3081 at the top of Zig Zag Hill. :cry:

Nigel.

I have noticed a trend where car makers seem to be fitting 'sporty' cars with suspension so hard that they're slower than a ordinary car in daily life, because the drivers can't cope with the discomfort of driving fast on solid suspension over roads where the surface bears a striking resemblance to the surface of the moon.

it1gtr

Postby it1gtr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:10 pm

Picker her up today, very nice to drive. Lots of grunt.

Very precise and good handling for a FWD car. Nice noise too!!

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello & congrats :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Return to “Introductions”