The new Top Gear team is announced

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

The new Top Gear team is announced

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm

There seem to be a lot of them. Is it going to make people watch, whoever they are?

Meet your new Top Gear presenters

Personally, if the theme is, as implied by what Matt LeBlanc said the other day "I'm looking forward to smashing things up on TV" (paraphrasing), I'm going to be giving it a miss.
Nick

akirk

Re: The new Top Gear team is announced

Postby akirk » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:31 pm

It will be interesting to see how much homage there will be to the old version / how much they move on to pastures new (will it be any different then to Fifth Gear?) I think that the old format worked because of the chemistry between the presenters, that will be difficult with the new team, and with so big a team - there presumably will be a lot more variety, and a lot less continuity? I assume that the BBC want to avoid the issue of too much weight on any one presenter... but could end up too fragmented... looking forward to seeing how it pans out

Alasdair

fungus

Postby fungus » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:28 pm

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it, but that's a lot of presenters.

Nigel.

Rick448

Postby Rick448 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 pm

I rate Chris Harris and am pretty ambivalent about the rest with the exception of Eddie Jordan who I've got no time for at all.

I'll give it a chance as it can't be worse than the last version. I just hope the presenters don't end up with egos like the last bunch.

I'm hoping for some proper car content and less staged unfunny articles which were better suited to CBeebies.

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:41 pm

Waiting until I see it to pass comment.

Astraist

Postby Astraist » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz

I never believed this day would come. Someone who actually knows how to drive (other than The Stig) is on Top Gear... :lol:

gannet

Postby gannet » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:40 pm

I'll give it a chance a fair mix there with some true petrol heads in the mix.

Harris used to write (quite well) for EVO magazine before switching to youtube...

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Astraist wrote:Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz

I never believed this day would come. Someone who actually knows how to drive (other than The Stig) is on Top Gear... :lol:

well, if you go back far enough... Tiff Needell knew the odd thing about driving...

Alasdair

Keithrm

Postby Keithrm » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:18 pm

:) :)
akirk wrote:
Astraist wrote:Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz

well, if you go back far enough... Tiff Needell knew the odd thing about driving...

Alasdair

Agree with both of you :D

waremark

Postby waremark » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 am

Rick448 wrote:I rate Chris Harris and am pretty ambivalent about the rest with the exception of Eddie Jordan who I've got no time for at all.

I'll give it a chance as it can't be worse than the last version. I just hope the presenters don't end up with egos like the last bunch.

I'm hoping for some proper car content and less staged unfunny articles which were better suited to CBeebies.

How large is the audience for proper car content? It has to be an entertainment show linked to cars, rather than a car show. At least having Chris on board will ensure that the car content is good quality, but I don't expect there to be very much of it.

Return to “General Chat”