UK and elsewhere...

Post here for any improvements, ideas, thoughts you might have.
akirk

UK and elsewhere...

Postby akirk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:17 pm

While there is a UK slant to this forum due to its history, there is no reason why there shouldn't be wider discussion of advanced driving everywhere, and the domain name was chosen to not be UK specific...

Would it make sense to have forums on here for elsewhere? If so, what should we have?

Alasdair

Strangely Brown

Re: UK and elsewhere...

Postby Strangely Brown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:57 am

Hints and tips and benefits of experience for first time driving in countries might be useful. I am sure there is a wealth of experience that could be passed on if required.

jont-

Postby jont- » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 am

US has some peculiarities (often state dependent) such as turn right on red, 4-way stops etc.

Priorite-a-droit in France can be a gotcha.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:49 am

Loving the quote about "history" :lol: Isn't it a fact that this site has a history of precisely one day!?

Create an "International Driving" forum, and if demand arises, it can have sub-fora for individual regions.
Nick

akirk

Postby akirk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:15 am

I think that history now-a-days is what the politicians claim / the historians publish - not necessarily what happened!
There is also a trend in business to claim your history based on acquisition, so my nice shell Financing company can instantly have 100 years history by purchasing a defunct company that is of no use, and then applying that history and brand to my other company which is only 2 years old - magic in every move!

I like the idea of an international approach, lets see how it pans out and we can make more forums as applicable...

Alasdair

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:37 pm

Good idea, there are always those who might be driving in unfamiliar countries for the first time and any hints and knowledge from those with experience in those countries would surely be useful.

Horse

Postby Horse » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:51 am

I've had the benefit of training, from 'L', through post-test, to instructing, in both US & UK systems. However, a full comparison will take some time to compile.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:52 am

Even better if we can attract drivers from those countries to participate, which I think was Alasdair's ambition.
Nick

Horse

Postby Horse » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 am

Yes, I realise that, but there has to be a reason for someone to find, sign up, then post on a new forum. I hoped that, besides being of interest to current members, describing some of the content and presentation differences might also add to Googleness.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:14 am

Yup. Ideas always welcome.
Nick

Return to “This Website”