if you retook your driving test...

Articles of interest to the AD community, currently in the news.
jont-

Re: if you retook your driving test...

Postby jont- » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:35 am

StressedDave wrote:I'll see if I can do the next one at Millbrook to include a short demo on the Outer Handling. I think I'll be able to scare the third one off, or at least get some unprofessional swearing of the 'Feck, Jaysus' variety (There's another war story there peripherally involving Mr Noblett's repeated inability to correctly navigate to Millbrook)

Happy to help <waves>. Although I'd prefer the hill route :twisted:

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 am

You would, I wouldn't... Needs a four door car as well, so perhaps we should have Mr Toad as well for group teaching and lairy tail-out demo. If I can get a RX8 to 45 degrees of yaw, I can do the same to Mr Toad's beast.
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

onlinegenie

Postby onlinegenie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:24 pm

"50% (six of the 12 who took part) would pass if they took it again today."

"Of the 12 volunteers, seven had undergone advanced driver training with the IAM. Of those, six passed the mini test. And of the five who had had no advanced tuition, just one passed."

The first sentence states that six passed, and the second says seven (six IAM and one non-IAM). Difficult to draw any conclusions with such inaccuracy.
Mark Syder (like the drink only not spelled the same way)

martine

Postby martine » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I tell you, if there's one area where the Boxster doesn't flatter the driver, it's parallel parking :roll:

Is that because of the visibility to the rear and seating position?
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Yep, and the fact that the rear track is a good bit more than the front (I'm struggling to find figures, but you can see it on the road).
Nick

Return to “In The News”