Sort of AD related - Glass repellents

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
devonutopia

Sort of AD related - Glass repellents

Postby devonutopia » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:14 pm

I guess in AD terms, this is sort of helping with observation (information) in the system by providing much better wet weather visibility even at slow speeds.

I use (and sell/apply) Aquapel and swear by it for performance and longevity. Use it on my car and the work van. Curious what others use if anything and how you value it? 8-) I just drove home from my Dad's in pretty crappy weather and never needed wipers once.

chriskay

Re: Sort of AD related - Glass repellents

Postby chriskay » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 pm

I've never felt the need to repel the glass in my car.
Carpe diem

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:46 pm

chriskay wrote:I've never felt the need to repel the glass in my car.

Bugger, beat me to it! :mrgreen:

devonutopia

Postby devonutopia » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Look out, the gramnmar police are out! :D

OK - Repellents to apply TO glass to repel WATER :D

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm

I used Ombrello years back (and still have a pack somewhere) which was great, but for many years I've lacked the enthusiasm for all the cleaning etc. and also the streakiness that ensues when it gets towards the end of its life.
Nick

gannet

Postby gannet » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Applied some (different brand) to mrs gannets rear wind screen as it has no wiper (MINI Coupe) to stop her complaining about rear visibility... for once it worked :D

akirk

Postby akirk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:27 am

devonutopia wrote:I use (and sell/apply) Aquapel and swear by it for performance and longevity. Use it on my car and the work van. Curious what others use if anything and how you value it? 8-) I just drove home from my Dad's in pretty crappy weather and never needed wipers once.

If you wanted to offer any sample packs to members on here for a test, feel free - might be interesting to run a test - I would certainly try it on the z3, especially on the rear window which has no wiper...

Alasdair

StressedDave

Postby StressedDave » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:17 am

I'm using a Prestone screenwash fluid which has the repellent built into it. It also has the advantage that using the wipers builds it up and doesn't wear away. Good enough for no wiper use at speeds over 55mph on suitable roads. Didn't work on the rear of the Skoda because the airflow is a reversed eddy which doesn't give enough wind pressure to move it sideways after impact with the glass.
All posts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Do what you like with it, just don't make money off it.

TripleS

Postby TripleS » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:04 pm

I did hear of one relevant product, but as the makers support an organisation that does not enjoy our universal approval, I'll keep quiet about it.

Keithrm

Postby Keithrm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 pm

StressedDave wrote:I'm using a Prestone screenwash fluid which has the repellent built into it. It also has the advantage that using the wipers builds it up and doesn't wear away. Good enough for no wiper use at speeds over 55mph on suitable roads. Didn't work on the rear of the Skoda because the airflow is a reversed eddy which doesn't give enough wind pressure to move it sideways after impact with the glass.

Snap

Return to “General Chat”