Confessional

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Triquet

Confessional

Postby Triquet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:43 pm

It's great having a good hoon along windy country roads in the sunshine. But we all have off days. I had one today, and I was total shite.

I needed to go and collect Mrs T from Didcot Station, a mere 4 miles this evening. A bit of rain and the sort of darkness that sucks the light up, and heavy traffic up here in Occupied North Berkshire. I had two quite close calls and then nearly ran a red light (well, nearly).

I hang my head in shame. What was I thinking of? Must do better .... :shock:

Revian

Re: Confessional

Postby Revian » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Consider yourself forgiven... ;)
Ian

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Consider what did you learn or if there is anything you would have done differently? Errors are learning opportunities without them we can not learn. Once you have identified what can be learnt from the experience, remember what you have learnt and not the error itself.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Triquet wrote:It's great having a good hoon along windy country roads in the sunshine. But we all have off days. I had one today, and I was total shite.

I needed to go and collect Mrs T from Didcot Station, a mere 4 miles this evening. A bit of rain and the sort of darkness that sucks the light up, and heavy traffic up here in Occupied North Berkshire. I had two quite close calls and then nearly ran a red light (well, nearly).

I hang my head in shame. What was I thinking of? Must do better .... :shock:

Describe the "two quite close calls".

devonutopia

Postby devonutopia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Go and do two bloody marys or whatever you're meant to do. :D

Revian

Postby Revian » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:43 am

devonutopia wrote:Go and do two bloody marys or whatever you're meant to do. :D

Protestant aversion to that here...
Anyway I'm religiously for single malt.. ;)
Ian

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm

jcochrane wrote:Consider what did you learn or if there is anything you would have done differently? Errors are learning opportunities without them we can not learn. Once you have identified what can be learnt from the experience, remember what you have learnt and not the error itself.

Exactly, John :D

fengpo

Postby fengpo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:13 pm

The biggest lesson that can be taken from the drive, is you realise the drive could of been better. Reflective practice is the best method of learning. I get in my car sometimes and drive a bad drive. I like to learn from it then start again, in the hope the next drive will be better.

Playtent

Postby Playtent » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:36 pm

fengpo wrote:The biggest lesson that can be taken from the drive, is you realise the drive could of been better. Reflective practice is the best method of learning. I get in my car sometimes and drive a bad drive. I like to learn from it then start again, in the hope the next drive will be better.

Thankyou Father Conor for your words of advice. ;)

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Despite the fact I've only been driving for 8 months or whatever, I've already racked up a fair list of near-misses and stupid moments, but each and every single one of them, I've learnt from.

For instance, there was one such near miss which happened during my Pass Plus, and basically, I was turning right out of an awkward T-junction and nearly 't-boned' a car coming from my left, and it was simply due to me failing to see it (although it was a bright red Mini...). But thanks to that incident, I've become much more cautious when turning out of junctions, and make a point of looking at least twice in each direction. Now, if I hadn't nearly hit that Mini, I'm not sure I would be equally as cautious at this time.

Return to “General Chat”