Terminally Embarrased

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
Triquet

Terminally Embarrased

Postby Triquet » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh God, I'm terminally embarrased, and maybe it's time to pack it in and catch the bus (Using my bus pass of course)

Trundling down the A1 past Doncaster on Monday morning in the usual slow-moving cortege of traffic, 9:30 in the morning, clear conditions. I came (or rather big Saab) came into intimate contact with rear of a Transit. Absolutely no excuse :hit: I suspect a microsleep but why at that time of the morning?

Mea maxima culpa but fortunately minima velocita and only £90 for a bit of straightening. Now to go into a corner and beat myself up. :judge:

RiK

Re: Terminally Embarrased

Postby RiK » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:56 pm

Well done for owning up on here though.

Taking ownershop of one's faux pas is the first step on the road to salvation..
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

martine

Postby martine » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 am

Yes well done Sir for admitting a what-sounds-like-a-small crunch here.

Think about following distance, concentration, keeping engaged in driving and not drifting off about the meeting you're going to or what's for tea tonight (like I do!).

Only idiots don't learn from mistakes and it sound like you are not one of them.

Hope you car gets fixed well.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 am

There's no need for embarassment and it was a minor mistake with no great consequences. I am sure most of us are far from perfect, and, would be reluctant to get in any conveyance with a driver/pilot etc that thought they couldn't make a complete cock-up.

vanman

Postby vanman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:56 am

look on the bright side, at least you now know that the front crossmember is sound. :D

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am

It happens. Good for you in having the courage to post about it here. It reminds me that a few days after my sister's sudden death in her 40's I had a couple of blank moments whilst driving. One was bumping into a lamp post in an empty car park and the other suddenly realising I was driving on a section of road and had no idea on how I got there.

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 am

Well, to add to the woes, I've been diagnosed with sleep apnoea and advised to stop driving pro tem. I'm handing in my AD card for the moment until I'm sorted. I hope to surface eventually after lots of CPAP and weight loss. Shit happens. :hit:

martine

Postby martine » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Oh crikey - I hope you get it sorted and get back driving soon.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Triquet

Postby Triquet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks Martin,

After a couple of worrying months I'm back in working order and have the letter from DVLA to prove it. Phew!

martine

Postby martine » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Good stuff.

Out of interest, what changed to overcome your sleep apnoea?

Return to “General Chat”