Rospa price increase

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
waremark

Rospa price increase

Postby waremark » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 pm

I have just read an email from Rospa and an attached price list. It looks as though the annual sub has gone up to £40 and that it no longer includes 3 year retests. 'Intermediate tests' are listed at £51. Have I read it right? If so, I will probably give up membership when my next retest is due. A 4 yearly National Observer test and a 5 yearly Masters retest for the other organisation seem quite enough to spend.

The website still shows annual membership at £30 including the 3 year retest. Does anyone know more?

kfae8959

Re: Rospa price increase

Postby kfae8959 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:20 pm

I intend to follow this up with them, and will let you know. At the moment I'm waiting to hear from HQ, having been in touch to let them know that I want to be involved, but there are no local groups open to me, and the re-tests don't yield any feedback. Such response as I've got so far isn't encouraging.

David

jont-

Postby jont- » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:20 am

That was nicely hidden. All I saw was some drivel about member benefits so I didn't bother reading the rest of the mail. That's almost grounds in itself to dump them. :x

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 am

I think you are reading something into the price list.

The interim test is a test between your normal 3 year retests.

"The Interim test is available for any member who wishes to take a test in-between their 3-yearly free re-test and including anybody who has failed the initial test."

https://www.roadar.org.uk/applications/ ... .aspx?id=3

There's nothing in the email that I can see that suggests the 3 year retest is not included in the £40 membership fee.

The email also says the changes come in to effect in September, hence the existing prices still on the website.
Last edited by GTR1400MAN on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 am

waremark wrote:A 4 yearly National Observer test and a 5 yearly Masters retest for the other organisation seem quite enough to spend.

I hope you don't pay for your National Observer test.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

waremark

Postby waremark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:11 pm

The email said this, which is expressed in an unfortunate way if retests are still included in the annual sub:

"As of September 2018, there will be the annual increase to membership to £40 per year, tests and retests will be as per the price list attached. There will be no change to the fees for the Advanced Tutor Test, Car or Bike. We take pride in continuing to offer advanced tests and membership at a competitive price compared to other providers."

I look forward to hearing what David finds out - and to seeing you tomorrow David!

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 pm

RoSPA have confirmed on their new Facebook group that the retest cost is still included in the yearly sub. They're being rather more coy about why they needed to almost double it in the first place, though, although I think they're about to announce some kind of insurance deal. If that turns out to be written on similar paper to the IAM's scheme, it's not going to be worth an extra 40% a year to most people.
Nick

Return to “General Chat”