The joys of driving in Sussex!! Webcam footage

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
sussex2

Re: The joys of driving in Sussex!! Webcam footage

Postby sussex2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:38 pm

What this video shows most emphatically is the hideous state of the roads in Sussex and the amount of rubbish 'decorating' them.

jcochrane
Location: Surrey-Kent borders and wherever good driving roads are.

Postby jcochrane » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:54 pm

waremark wrote:
jont- wrote:Personally I think all dashcam users/owners should be required to provide all footage for anyone who wants to go through and find fault with their driving. I've noticed a distint uptick in correlation between cars with dashcams fitted and substandard driving by the same car.

Thanks Jont. I have a dashcam running at the moment (well not actually at the moment)

Seems I'm in the same boat as you, Mark.

The dashcam was not my idea but the wife's. Didn't want it, but as my wife constantly reminds me :bash: , it was invaluable when a car backed into mine in a car park. The other driver was reluctant to respond to his insurance company but they accepted full liability on seeing the footage.

waremark

Postby waremark » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:51 am

jcochrane wrote:Seems I'm in the same boat as you, Mark.

The dashcam was not my idea but the wife's. .

Mine was a present-from my son who had been given it and didn't want it. A while ago I narrowly avoided a bad crash (when someone was coming towards me on my side of the road). At the time the dashcam was in the car but not in use. I would have liked to be able to to revisit exactly what happened and to see how long I took to react. After that I started using it. I think it is more likely to be helpful than significantly incriminating.

akirk

Postby akirk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:26 pm

I fail to see how it can be incriminating unless it can be proven who was driving - so screw up and crash, yes it could be used against you- but otherwise it would be tricky to look at older footage and prosecute...

So in the event of an accident swallow the card!
Alasdair

waremark

Postby waremark » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 pm

akirk wrote:I fail to see how it can be incriminating unless it can be proven who was driving - so screw up and crash, yes it could be used against you- but otherwise it would be tricky to look at older footage and prosecute...

Alasdair

I hope I would be honest enough to gold up my hand if I knew I was at fault. The concern about incrimination is more to do with what I think is good driving, but which Brake would not like.

akirk

Postby akirk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 pm

waremark wrote:
akirk wrote:I fail to see how it can be incriminating unless it can be proven who was driving - so screw up and crash, yes it could be used against you- but otherwise it would be tricky to look at older footage and prosecute...

Alasdair

I hope I would be honest enough to gold up my hand if I knew I was at fault. The concern about incrimination is more to do with what I think is good driving, but which Brake would not like.

valid points...
there will always be the potential for difficulty when someone who doesn't want to understand watches AD driving

Horse

Postby Horse » Tue May 01, 2018 6:20 am

Alasdair

Thank goodness technology has moved on from VHS :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

akirk

Postby akirk » Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 am

Horse wrote:

Alasdair

Thank goodness technology has moved on from VHS :)

:D make sure you buy a camera with micro-SD!
Alasdair

ancient

Postby ancient » Tue May 01, 2018 8:56 am

Alasdair

Screw up and report someone else for something (potentially unrelated) that you have witnessed. Part of your statement will be that you were there and either know or were the driver. All the online reporting systems I have heard of which take dash-cam evidence work in this way.

For example: https://gosafesnap.wales/
Operation Snap wrote: DO NOT alter the footage before uploading, this includes adding voice overs or adding inline comments.

Footage uploaded MUST be raw original footage, with NO EDITING of any kind.

DO NOT post the footage on social media – if you have done so, please remove it.

DO NOT delete the footage from your device.

and
Operation Snap wrote:Please be aware that your device may have recorded you and that the actions of all parties will be reviewed and action taken as appropriate.

Seems fair enough to me!

Return to “General Chat”