crr003 wrote: Horse wrote:
crr003 wrote: does it really matter?
I think so, on some courses it was one of the first things I asked.
titian wrote:Horse nailed it,
Who knows what her motivation?
If you don't ask, you'll never know.
I'm being a tad provocative, and yes there's place for that warm fuzzy coaching malarky, but you don't really know what the motivation is; they can say "I've got a young child and I need to be a safer driver" when they really mean "I'm on nine points and my husband is going to leave me if I get 12 and a bloke down the pub said having an IAM badge will help with the beak".
What if the motivation is "to be safer/to save fuel and the planet/to avoid points.....", that doesn't translate into compliance. I've had people imply "I'll do the limits for the test, but after I'll drive normally".
What's their motivation? It doesn't prevent them controlling the vehicle.
I'd guess this lady isn't used to driving at 30 for any length of time. She needs to practice.
Blimey, you are in a grump
I've had allsorts.
- I had a crash, so wanted training so I don't do it again. I have too many points so IAM wouldn't take me
- I'm borrowing a bike to commute into the F1 at Silverstone where I'm working
- I've been made redundant and have ordered a sports bike with the payout - I've not ridden for 20 years
- I've been riding for 20 years but suddenly found I can't go around corners
- I'm going to give up riding if I can't control my bike at slow speed
- My boyfriend has built me a Triumph chopper. I need to learn to ride
How many do you want? Each a different reason, a different motivation. And for each it help me plan their training (often within the same basic syllabus) and predict likely places where it might go wrong (so I could either prevent that or, at the appropriate time, introduce it as a challenge when I knew they would cope and then realise what they had achieved).
'Warm fuzzy coaching malarky'? No, as you can see from those few examples, an essential part of lesson planning. Why wouldn't
you do it?
My own views. For better or worse :)