Merry Christmas everyone

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
sussex2

Re: Merry Christmas everyone

Postby sussex2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Bon any nou, from a Barcelona with 21 degrees......not that I gloat :)

Horse

Postby Horse » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm

The last of the snow melted off my car yesterday morning - that's in sunny Berkshire :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

jont-

Postby jont- » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:38 am

martine wrote:
jont- wrote:
martine wrote:Lovely.

New car Jon?

Well, I've had it 15 months and done 18000 miles in it.... :gear:

Ahh sorry Jon - lost track - is this in addition to your Caterham or instead of?

Still got the Caterham, 6500 miles so far this year including 3 trackdays :gear:

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:46 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:I've been wondering if it'd be sensible to get one of those as a graduation present to myself

Rather depends on what you value in a car, and how you intend using it. I think it's a great car to drive but, if you tried one, you might find it not to your liking.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

jont-

Postby jont- » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:09 am

Gareth wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:I've been wondering if it'd be sensible to get one of those as a graduation present to myself

Rather depends on what you value in a car, and how you intend using it. I think it's a great car to drive but, if you tried one, you might find it not to your liking.

I've put a slightly wordier version of that here :lol: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=695#p17330

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 pm

jont- wrote:
Gareth wrote:

I've put a slightly wordier version of that here :lol: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=695#p17330

Well to summarise, the main reason I chose my Citigo over cheaper/more pratical equivalents (such as the 107/Aygo/C1 trio) is because the Up!/Mii/Citigo trio frequently are praised for being one of the more 'fun' city cars to drive, and I went for that. I wanted a car which was reasonably economical and cheap to run due to being a first timer, BUT I didn't want it to be dull. So if the GT86/BRZ are fun to drive and a 'challenge' to hustle along then I'd rather that than a torque-y turbo motor which can pick up in any gear and zoom off lazily.

It wouldn't necessarily be a main car, as I may have a small turbo automatic thing as a commuter machine for getting to work and back, so the 'fun' car would be more for those journeys where I don't necessarily want to get there as fast as possible (such as if I'm on my way to a meeting ;))

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:09 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:the main reason I chose my Citigo over cheaper/more pratical equivalents (such as the 107/Aygo/C1 trio) is because the Up!/Mii/Citigo trio frequently are praised for being one of the more 'fun' city cars to drive

Did you try the alternatives and are you able to say how, in your opinion, they compare to the Citigo? I would have thought the Aygo and siblings would be huge fun to drive, but maybe there are other aspects that are also important to you.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Gareth wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:the main reason I chose my Citigo over cheaper/more pratical equivalents (such as the 107/Aygo/C1 trio) is because the Up!/Mii/Citigo trio frequently are praised for being one of the more 'fun' city cars to drive

Did you try the alternatives and are you able to say how, in your opinion, they compare to the Citigo? I would have thought the Aygo and siblings would be huge fun to drive, but maybe there are other aspects that are also important to you.

Bear in mind that I was looking at brand new cars rather than older ones. The Mk1 version of the 107/Aygo/C1 trio are often touted as being more fun to drive, but the newer ones are often considered to be a bit more uninspiring to drive. Plus, as soon as I drove the Citigo I decided there and then that it'd be the one I wanted, as the Citigo was the one I considered to look the nicest. I also found out just prior to test driving the Citigo that the other trio that it'd be the cheapest to insure, out of all the options, as it does seem to be a bit of a leftfield choice. Brand snobbery is probably the reason.

Regardless, I doubt there would've been much in it at the end of the day.

Return to “General Chat”