Santa list?

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
devonutopia

Re: Santa list?

Postby devonutopia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 pm

I've already received a voucher for car cleaning bits, and cashed it in on black Friday when it was most worth doing. The person who sent it me understood my logic.... (being an accountant....)

On the day I am expecting nothing more than good food, and a fair amount of alcohol.

crr003

Postby crr003 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Jonquirk wrote:UK satellites? Any idea what the G in GPS stands for?

Because the picture is Detroit.......sounded funnier at the time (in my head)......
Anyhow, the G stands for "American satellite" (Positioning System). Could be switched off tomorrow, unless Skynet gets there first.

Rolyan

Postby Rolyan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:44 pm

crr003 wrote:

Anyhow, the G stands for "American satellite" (Positioning System). Could be switched off tomorrow.

Although that's true (which most don't realise), it's unlikely to happen. In peacetime, it would require the populace to vote in an idiot of a bumbling President, more used to running a private company as a dictator, whos idea of diplomacy is to tweet about short little mad men, while his aides run around after him trying to clean up the mess and redefine what he actually said.

:help:

fungus

Postby fungus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Rolyan wrote:
crr003 wrote:

Anyhow, the G stands for "American satellite" (Positioning System). Could be switched off tomorrow.

Although that's true (which most don't realise), it's unlikely to happen. In peacetime, it would require the populace to vote in an idiot of a bumbling President, more used to running a private company as a dictator, whos idea of diplomacy is to tweet about short little mad men, while his aides run around after him trying to clean up the mess and redefine what he actually said.

If the implications were not so serious it would be funny.

Nigel.

RiK

Postby RiK » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:54 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:NOTHING makes an Apple product look sensible! :twisted: :D

Unashamedly an Apple fan boy here. have been for years.

Bought an iPhone X and an Apple watch today.

Happy Christmas me!
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi-vis discussion split off into bike forum.
Nick

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:30 am

fungus wrote:
Rolyan wrote:
crr003 wrote:

If the implications were not so serious it would be funny.

Nigel.

Nah! Won't happen, unless the President finds an equally bumbling ally, possibly one desperate for a 'friend' and easily influenced, with an incompetent leadership. A country, perhaps an island, that has become cut off and friendless.
Just can't see it happening myself.

waremark

Postby waremark » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 am

sussex2 wrote:Nah! Won't happen, unless the President finds an equally bumbling ally, possibly one desperate for a 'friend' and easily influenced, with an incompetent leadership. A country, perhaps an island, that has become cut off and friendless.

Please please keep this topic on which emotions run so high away from here.

mainbeam

Postby mainbeam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:27 pm

A salutary reminder that as with driving, important decisions shouldn't be based on emotion. Merry Christmas.

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:05 pm

waremark wrote:
sussex2 wrote:Nah! Won't happen, unless the President finds an equally bumbling ally, possibly one desperate for a 'friend' and easily influenced, with an incompetent leadership. A country, perhaps an island, that has become cut off and friendless.

Please please keep this topic on which emotions run so high away from here.

Satire it seems is dead, as indeed is putting your tongue firmly in your cheek; there are times when laughing at a situation is a healthy way forward.
Best wishes for the season and my Christmas wish is that everyone learns to laugh, at themselves.
A tots els millors desitjos - that's Catalan so you see, I can't win no matter where I live :)
Have a good and safe one.

Return to “General Chat”