Survey

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
User avatar
angus
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Colchester - Oldest Town, oldest roads

Survey

Postby angus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Nothing what so ever to do with driving

A friend is looking for people to complete a survey on moral decisions based on political allegiance for her daughter's dissertation. If you can spare 10 minutes she'll be very grateful

https://leicester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/a ... -parties-3

Thanks

martine
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 am

Re: Survey

Postby martine » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Done
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

martine
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 am

Re: Survey

Postby martine » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Done - made my brain hurt.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

User avatar
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:01 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Survey

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:46 am

Done, although I had to resist my tendency to deliberately bias my answers to suit the preconceptions in the questions. Unfortunately, all it showed is that my beliefs don't align perfectly with any political party, which is how I answered the allegiance question. So probably the equivalent of a spoiled paper :)
Nick

Gareth
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Berkshire
Contact:

Re: Survey

Postby Gareth » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:16 am

Is political allegiance is based on voting history or something more specific? I bailed out at the first table of multi-choice as the questions invited simplistic answers but for each one I wanted to have an it depends option.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

User avatar
angus
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Colchester - Oldest Town, oldest roads

Re: Survey

Postby angus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 am

I agree, that like so many surveys, we sometimes want an "it depends" answer, and, in my opinion, some of those answers probably have nothing to do with political opinion/allegiance.

But thank you for giving up your time to look at it

hir
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Survey

Postby hir » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:36 pm

angus wrote:I agree, that like so many surveys, we sometimes want an "it depends" answer, and, in my opinion, some of those answers probably have nothing to do with political opinion/allegiance.

But thank you for giving up your time to look at it


Agreed. However, I completed the questionnaire purely on the grounds of wishing to encourage the undergraduates in their research. We all know that the results will be meaningless. The hope must be that the researchers will learn from their initial faltering efforts that the search for the meaning of life, the universe and everything is a far more complex process than can be determined from the muddled answers to a series of superficial and not particularly intelligent questions. :o :o :o

User avatar
jont-
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:12 am
Location: Flatlands

Re: Survey

Postby jont- » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:38 pm

hir wrote:The hope must be that the researchers will learn from their initial faltering efforts that the search for the meaning of life, the universe and everything is a far more complex process than can be determined from the muddled answers to a series of superficial and not particularly intelligent questions. :o :o :o


.... 42 ?

Rolyan
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Re: Survey

Postby Rolyan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:49 pm

hir wrote:
angus wrote:I agree, that like so many surveys, we sometimes want an "it depends" answer, and, in my opinion, some of those answers probably have nothing to do with political opinion/allegiance.

But thank you for giving up your time to look at it


Agreed. However, I completed the questionnaire purely on the grounds of wishing to encourage the undergraduates in their research. We all know that the results will be meaningless. The hope must be that the researchers will learn from their initial faltering efforts that the search for the meaning of life, the universe and everything is a far more complex process than can be determined from the muddled answers to a series of superficial and not particularly intelligent questions. :o :o :o

You are over exaggerating.

The answer is 42.

User avatar
Strangely Brown
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Survey

Postby Strangely Brown » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:28 pm

W
.
.
H
.
.
A
.
.
T
.
.
D
.
O
.
Y
.
O
.
U
.
G
.
E
.
T
.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests