Play Time

Topics relating to Advanced Riding on bikes
GTR1400MAN

Play Time

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Oooo, what did I have to play with today? :D Kawasaki H2. One thousand cee cees of supercharged madness. I haven't ridden a sports bike for many a year. Were the handlebars always this far down below my knees? The bike is amazing but as expected totally impractical. The front wheel will leave the tarmac or go light in any gear. It corners on rails. It's just too damn good for the road. When's the street fighter version coming? I managed to get nearly all of my hour and half test ride complete and then the heavens opened as I rode back into Ipswich. Any one know a good chiropractor for my neck? :roll:

Click on the following thumbnails for bigger versions.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

martine

Re: Play Time

Postby martine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Just a bonkers bike...much like the original H2!

Yes a 'sit-up-and-beg' version would be most interesting.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

Horse

Postby Horse » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:06 pm

It might be an amazing feat of technology - but isn't it fugly! It looks pre-crashed from new :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 pm

How does something with a front wheel that goes light or leaves the tarmac in any gear "corner as if on rails"? Do you have to go round all corners under braking?
Nick

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:How does something with a front wheel that goes light or leaves the tarmac in any gear "corner as if on rails"? Do you have to go round all corners under braking?

By using the throttle with finesse ;)

No different to a car that can spin/fry it's tyres if driven with leaden feet.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 pm

You can now read my review on page 26 of our group's magazine.

PDF Version

HTML5 Version

martine

Postby martine » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:57 am

Good review and nice newsletter as well.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi Good review but I recognise the feeling I'm getting far too old to have my knees elbows and chin that close together.
Also flicking through the magazine see you had the Voss helmet. The came along to our group about 3 months ago. Verdict:- Great idea but.
Poor ventilation, old tech visor, no pinloc, no sun visor, no comms available, far to expensive for a new entry certainly not up to competing with the market leaders in the price bracket they where pitching at. Maybe their V2 helmet will be better but I got the impression there was no money for further development everything had been spent on patents for the hing and locking mechanism
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:51 pm

We've not had them to club (but a good suggestion :) ). I think the helmet is a solution to a problem we don't have. A bit like the various ones with mirrors/huds for rear view.

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 am

Voss dealer approached us not sure they got quite the feed back they expected. I think it would be a very quiet helmet as it was a very close fit around the neck, and was easy to fit with Glasses but too may short comings, so Ill be sticking with my flip front for some time further.
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

Return to “Advanced Driving - Bikes”