Keep Left Bollard

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
GTR1400MAN

Keep Left Bollard

Postby GTR1400MAN » Tue May 23, 2017 1:21 pm

An interesting bit of footage on Facebook from my home town. NB. You do NOT need an account to view. Just click 'Not Now' when Facebook nags you to register and then you can watch the video.

The lane is blocked. Someone commented when I shared this on FB "but you broke the law too by going to the right of the Keep Left bollard". It's not my footage, so not me driving. For me, as the blockage is semi-permanent (ie a breakdown, not a queue or a dustcart), then I'd happily pass on the wrong side but with extreme caution. What would you do?

The blue car driver learnt nothing. Got it wrong once. Was admonished for it ... then did it again immediately afterwards! :(
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

RiK

Re: Keep Left Bollard

Postby RiK » Tue May 23, 2017 1:32 pm

I agree, if the left lane is actually blocked like this, I'd proceed to the right of the bollard - very carefully!
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

Horse

Postby Horse » Tue May 23, 2017 3:50 pm

A few months ago I saw (and heard) a driver tooting at a bus driver to get a move on. The bus had its hazards on and the driver wasn't in it :)
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

angus

Postby angus » Wed May 24, 2017 10:55 am

The problem in this video isn't going to the right of the bollard - it's the prat in the Clio

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 pm

angus wrote:The problem in this video isn't going to the right of the bollard - it's the prat in the Clio

Wot 'e said :x
Nick

sussex2

Postby sussex2 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:08 am

Care and common sense is the order of the day.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”