My Focus RS.

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
pete g

Re: My Focus RS.

Postby pete g » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:38 pm

FoRS.jpg
FoRS.jpg (192.23 KiB) Viewed 9290 times

Bit like this one I expect, had fun day in it at C Combe...
Br1stol IAM National Observer
IAM Motorcycle
MSA - Bristol Pegasus MC.

jont-

Postby jont- » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:50 am

dvenman wrote:
martine wrote:You may be surprised how much a windscreen costs if you offer to pay for it yourself.

Indeed. When my Boxster's screen went (silly me left the wiper arm up while changing blades and opened the front boot...) AutoGlass said a "Level 3 technician" would be needed to fit the replacement.

A genuine one from Porsche is, IIRC, £400 or so. Then there's the fitting. My excess covered it for £75.

Autoglass are geared up around insurance industry claims though. Admittedly going back a number of years, when I needed a screen on a car I found a local firm who would supply/fit for a small fraction of what the large chains wanted. Now /maybe/ it wasn't the same quality, but on a cheap car it was perfectly servicable. (Mind you, on the same car when I broke the tailgate glass, I sourced an entire replacement tailgate for about £30 from a scrappy :lol: )

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Click on image and it goes a bit bigger. I'm still playing.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Well, Insurance Company have agreed to a genuine Ford windscreen. Being fitted on Monday, I hope the fitter is good.
Because I do know what I'm looking for.
Thing is, one reason I decided on the FRS was the way performance Fords retain value.
So, keep it factory spec, for long term appreciation.

waremark

Postby waremark » Sun May 07, 2017 11:54 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:Thing is, one reason I decided on the FRS was the way performance Fords retain value.

What do you think a warranty preserving Mountune kit does for values?

How do you find the ride?

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Mon May 08, 2017 6:48 pm

waremark wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:Thing is, one reason I decided on the FRS was the way performance Fords retain value.

Mountune is, as with Prodrive on Subaru, reversible, so long term value, note "long term", can be maintained.
So, well at least from my observations, there's a cycle with what become "classic" performance cars. Boggo, then the tuners get to work, including factory approved. The cars depreciate and fall into the hands of those who "tune" without a clue, plus there's the write offs.
Then, factory spec becomes the major consideration of value. Witnessed across many manufacturers and models.
The ride?, well, in truth, still to decide. I've only done 1K miles in running in mode. It is though a "weighty" drive.

Diff Lock

Postby Diff Lock » Tue May 09, 2017 7:51 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
waremark wrote:

The ride?, well, in truth, still to decide. I've only done 1K miles in running in mode. It is though a "weighty" drive.

And there in lies the problem..........it needs to come out the garage a bit more often. At least then you wont have to "slum it" in your best mates Focus ST.............oh!, that'll be me then!!!! :help: :cheers: :lol: :lol:

martine

Postby martine » Thu May 11, 2017 8:17 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:...I've only done 1K miles in running in mode.

I've done just over 1k in my new ST - picked it up 3 weeks ago...
http://www.clickover.com/Kxoix?ref=Ie2SITLVk1
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

RiK

Postby RiK » Thu May 11, 2017 8:40 am

martine wrote:I've done just over 1k in my new ST - picked it up 3 weeks ago...

And having seen it up close, I can confirm she's a stunner..
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Thu May 11, 2017 7:59 pm

martine wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:...I've only done 1K miles in running in mode.

I've done just over 1k in my new ST - picked it up 3 weeks ago...

Yeah well, I'm old and don't have to do commute and work stuff, plus wife's i10 is there for local and shopping.
Nice ST, I had wanted white," because rally car", my Classic Impreza is white but, when I had decided on a Focus RS and was making offers to dealers and private sellers with white ones, none would accept my reasonable offers.
So, following my good friend Diff Lock's advice, he having many years of motor trade experience in selling cars for prestige marques, I rang local dealers to see if any had a cancelled order and it provided the car I bought, albeit a Nitrous Blue one.
New Ford windscreen fitted last Monday, yet to drive it but will be doing a long journey coming Saturday, possibly in rain so hoping no creaks, groans or leaks!

Return to “General Chat”