ADUK - Please Read

Any announcement - no discussion. Post links through to driver days etc. Can be viewed by anyone
akirk

Re: ADUK - Please Read

Postby akirk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 am

makes sense to me :) but will need to see what the previous owner is prepared to do...

Alasdair

RiK

Postby RiK » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am

Horse wrote:
GTR1400MAN wrote: a url rewrite in the .htaccess file.

Your keyboard's broken, mate ;)

Nope, I understood that perfectly well.. ;-)
Richard Olpin: Bristol IAM: Training Officer, IAM: Masters (Dist), IMI National Observer, LOA. Gloucestershire Constabulary SC6240.

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:
akirk wrote:should do, but it will take a while, will ieep an eye on it...
there was s a link from their aite to this...

Alasdair

It will be speeded up if the ADUK site logs into Google webmaster tools and tells them the content has moved.

Also a permanent redirect for each page on the ADUK site will also help considerably. Probably best done with a url rewrite in the .htaccess file.

Not sure what incentive there is for him to do that - he bought the site for its Google rankings, has admitted that the forum is no longer useful to him, but doubtful if he wants to deliberately drive traffic away ... :)
Nick

akirk

Postby akirk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

exactly :)
but he might do a soft re-write which doesn't change Google but does push people here...
Alasdair

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:
GTR1400MAN wrote:
akirk wrote:should do, but it will take a while, will ieep an eye on it...
there was s a link from their aite to this...

Alasdair

It will be speeded up if the ADUK site logs into Google webmaster tools and tells them the content has moved.

Also a permanent redirect for each page on the ADUK site will also help considerably. Probably best done with a url rewrite in the .htaccess file.

Not sure what incentive there is for him to do that - he bought the site for its Google rankings, has admitted that the forum is no longer useful to him, but doubtful if he wants to deliberately drive traffic away ... :)

As he's taken the forum down and the pages indexed are no longer displayed when a Google search result is clicked, his rankings will gradually drop away (if it was based on the forum content).
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Return to “Announcements”