ADUK - Please Read

Any announcement - no discussion. Post links through to driver days etc. Can be viewed by anyone
akirk

ADUK - Please Read

Postby akirk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 pm

The history of this forum lies in ADUK (advanced-driving.co.uk) which was taken over by a company in 2015.
There was a move to this forum in that September and this has gradually built up as the new home for discussion of advanced driving in the UK.

At the same time, the forum remained online at the original ADUK site - with some sporadic discussion there...
Recent conversations with the owner of ADUK have led to a decision by him to remove that forum as it no longer plays a role in his business.
Rather than lose the 10+ years of history and discussion he has kindly donated it to me / ADHub.

I have today moved the forum with the help of his team and it now sits at:

http://archive.advanceddrivinghub.com/

you should see the same forum you are familiar with from ADUK, but with some differences:
- The Survey Monkey pop up has been removed
- The adverts have been removed
- The top line of navigation (tying it into the main ADUK website) has been removed
- All forums are now read-only, so no posting possible there any longer
- No new registrations

You will still need to log in to see some of the discussion on there - your ADUK username and login should still work - your ADHub username and login will not (unless it happens to be the same :)) If you were not a member on there (so no access to the members area) but are a member on here and would like access, please let me know and I will see what I can do...

So - all new discussion will be here only, but the resource is available (and searchable) from that location. At some point I will add it to the navigation on here, but for now - fill your boots, plenty of discussion on steering / phones / IAM / etc. :D

That forum will be switched off very soon - any posts there before it is switched off will not be brought over...

A big thank you to Rob for letting me take this on - do let me know if there are any issues...

Alasdair
Last edited by Mr Cholmondeley-Warner on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the link clickable

Horse

Re: ADUK - Please Read

Postby Horse » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Well done for taking it on - I'm sure there's a fair bit of back office work involved.
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

hir

Postby hir » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Thank you Alasdair for taking the trouble to organise this.

Gareth

Postby Gareth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Great, thanks. Very nice to be still able to search the old forum.

Since the PMs were not copied across, I've just logged into the ADUK forum to export all my saved messages; I found that "Export as CSV (Excel)" was best for importing into a spreadsheet, but there are a couple of other formats that may better serve others.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...

akirk

Postby akirk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Gareth wrote:Great, thanks. Very nice to still be able to search the old forum.

Since the PMs were not copied across, I've just logged into the ADUK forum to export all my saved messages; I found that "Export as CSV (Excel)" was best for importing into a spreadsheet, but there are a couple of other formats that may better serve others.

Hi Gareth,
I have the full database, so we have all the PMs...
I suspect they may not be accessible as I have turned off the ability to send PMs, will have a look at how they might be available read-only as the old location is being turned off very soon... but just to confirm they shouldn't be lost...

Alasdair

martine

Postby martine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:37 pm

That's good...there was a lot of history and knowledge on the old ADUK forum - great to see it remains. Thank you for taking this on.
Martin - Bristol Advanced Motorists: IMI National Observer, Group Secretary, Masters (dist), DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)

IcedKiwi

Postby IcedKiwi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 am

Yeah, thanks to you and Rob. Now we just need Dave and all to re-type all of their posts which they requested to be deleted!

gannet

Postby gannet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks to you both for doing this, awesome to have the old stuff still available :D

M1ke H

Postby M1ke H » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 am

To echo what others have said, thanks Alasdair (and Rob) for your work in transferring the ADUK forum database.

Strangely Brown

Postby Strangely Brown » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 pm

IcedKiwi wrote:Yeah, thanks to you and Rob. Now we just need Dave and all to re-type all of their posts which they requested to be deleted!

Nah. My stuff is probably best forgotten.

Return to “Announcements”