Nespresso Machine

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - doesn't have to be AD related.
GTR1400MAN

Re: Nespresso Machine

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:39 am

One I prepared earlier for our Breakast Runs/Saturday Jaunts on Facebook. :)

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Trebor

Postby Trebor » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 am

I've been using Nespresso for years. Excellent coffee, always buy their pods as there is a good choice for all tastes. Pods are available elsewhere as mentioned, I think Lidl also sell compatible pods, but have heard varied reports on quality compared to Nespresso.

If you are near a John Lewis's or a Selfridges they sometimes have demo stations where you can test the coffee.

Bob

Silk

Postby Silk » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:09 pm

GTR1400MAN wrote:Excuse the ignorance but what do these do that a jar and spoon don't?

No, I won't excuse your ignorance. It inexcusable.

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Silk wrote:
GTR1400MAN wrote:Excuse the ignorance but what do these do that a jar and spoon don't?

No, I won't excuse your ignorance. It inexcusable.

Have you not had your daily fix? :D

My tongue was firmly in cheek!

My, how times change. Image Image
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:26 am

I manage very well with a selection of cafetieres. I am not one of those who subscribe to the view that coffee must be so strong you can only take tiny sips. And I don't think there's any more fuss-free and simple way to make real coffee.
Nick

Silk

Postby Silk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I manage very well with a selection of cafetieres. I am not one of those who subscribe to the view that coffee must be so strong you can only take tiny sips. And I don't think there's any more fuss-free and simple way to make real coffee.

I'm afraid I've got the taste for espresso and can't go back to filter.

As the hospitality industry is my workplace these days, I get to drink plenty of nice coffee free of charge. I'd just like to have the same at home.

For me, a coffee has to be strong, but not bitter so it makes you screw your face up.

Discov8

Postby Discov8 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:11 am

After 9 years in Italy I'll stick with the traditional mokka. I like the ritual of making expresso including the sounds smell and time it takes.

Not a fan of these pod machines for the reasons given above in this thread and the taste. Also a big no to milk from a pod or sachets because they must have preservatives added and not requiring cold storage.

IcedKiwi

Postby IcedKiwi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:11 am

Discov8 wrote:expresso
After 9 years in Italy I'm surprised you're still calling it expresso! A personal favourite of my Dad, along with his "labtop" computer :hit:

Discov8 wrote:Also a big no to milk from a pod or sachets because they must have preservatives added and not requiring cold storage.
Agreed. They do have a sweeter taste which I'm not a fan of.

Return to “General Chat”