Reg Local - Autobahn Driving (new video)

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
Diesel

Reg Local - Autobahn Driving (new video)

Postby Diesel » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:49 pm

I'd not seen Reg's newest video linked on here, so I thought I'd post it up:

TheInsanity1234

Re: Reg Local - Autobahn Driving (new video)

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:43 am

It is rather a great shame that Reg Local doesn't subtitle his videos, I'm extremely interested to watch them but am unable to access them due to being profoundly deaf.

akirk

Postby akirk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:00 am

good point, youtube does have options for captions or even auto-captioning, no idea how good it is...
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en

worth talking to him about it, he is registered on here, but not active, so poss. best to contact him either on pistonheads, or via his website...

Alasdair

jont-

Postby jont- » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:10 am

Pah, that's cheating doing it in a car with some performance. Try playing in the autobahn fast lane with a 3-pot 70bhp fiesta with a vmax of <100 mph. And yes, I did manage to keep it at vmax for a while, but it takes a /lot/ of planning :lol:

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:It is rather a great shame that Reg Local doesn't subtitle his videos, I'm extremely interested to watch them but am unable to access them due to being profoundly deaf.

The option for Auto-captions has been left on for his videos. Just click the left of these icons in the bottom right of the video when watching in a browser.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (8.83 KiB) Viewed 14721 times

Obviously they are not perfect as auto generated but make a pretty good job of deciphering people's accents. Though this one starts of suggesting the video is about "Austin Driving" rather than advanced.

On another note, it is nice to see Reg has seen the light :)

Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

exportmanuk

Postby exportmanuk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Fuel consumption. Are all read outs limited to a minimum of 7mpg? I had an ex police Vauxhall Omega for a couple of years. When driving that spiritedly it would show 7mpg but no lower.
Andrew Melton
Manchester 500

angus

Postby angus » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 pm

jont- wrote:Pah, that's cheating doing it in a car with some performance. Try playing in the autobahn fast lane with a 3-pot 70bhp fiesta with a vmax of <100 mph. And yes, I did manage to keep it at vmax for a while, but it takes a /lot/ of planning :lol:

When I used to regularly do Liverpool to home on a Sunday evening (M6, M1, M25), most of the traffic which overtook me were Fiestas, Novas, Metros and the ilk. They didn't need an autobahn for vmax :racing:

TheInsanity1234

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:48 am

GTR1400MAN wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:It is rather a great shame that Reg Local doesn't subtitle his videos, I'm extremely interested to watch them but am unable to access them due to being profoundly deaf.

The option for Auto-captions has been left on for his videos. Just click the left of these icons in the bottom right of the video when watching in a browser.

Capture.JPG

Obviously they are not perfect as auto generated but make a pretty good job of deciphering people's accents. Though this one starts of suggesting the video is about "Austin Driving" rather than advanced.

On another note, it is nice to see Reg has seen the light :)

Thank you! I had checked his channel before and couldn't find any auto caption features or anything, so I've been leaving them. If they're on now, I'll head back to his channel and get watching. I want to see the overtaking one in particular!

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:20 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:I'll head back to his channel and get watching. I want to see the overtaking one in particular!

Hmmm, some good examples of overtakes. Some suspect ones (clipping solid whites, through junctions/hazards etc.). He makes it look very easy, but watch the speed difference between him and the vehicles being overtaken. I'd like to see a legal demo forgetting his old job.
Mike Roberts - Now riding a Triumph Explorer XRT. My username comes from my 50K miles on a Kawasaki 1400GTR, after many years on Hondas of various shapes and styles. - https://tinyurl.com/mikerobertsonyoutube

GTR1400MAN

Postby GTR1400MAN » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 pm

I see he has a new video on motorcycle filtering.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”