Let's Talk More

Topics relating to Advanced Driving in cars
Horse

Re: Let's Talk More

Postby Horse » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am

Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

Horse

Postby Horse » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 pm

OldenBill wrote:
Horse wrote:There's a saying someone posted, I think on here: 'courtesy causes confusion'. Being pro-social (random acts of kindness) has its place for making the world a better place. However, being helpful shouldn't p1$$ other people off in the process :)

I'm surprised that "courtesy" has been associated with "confusion" in this thread......if courtesy causes others to feel urinated away then they should, in my opinion, be ashamed to call themselves Advanced Drivers.

I was thinking of other members of the motoring public.

Mind you, back about 1989 there was a wonderful letter in the IAM magazine about an altercation on a roundabout. It included the immortal words "I was the advanced driver, I had right of way". Oh dear . . . I think what he probably meant was "I have a badge, the signs and markings suggest priority".
Your 'standard' is how you drive alone, not how you drive during a test.

waremark

Postby waremark » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:43 am

OldenBill wrote:
Gareth wrote:
OldenBill wrote:if courtesy causes others to feel urinated away then they should, in my opinion, be ashamed to call themselves Advanced Drivers.

Why do you not care how 'non-advanced' motorists feel or react?

Gareth, you have already accused me of being unnecessarily pejorative and I tried to explain that you had misinterpreted my comments and I did very much care about other road users.

Now, for some undisclosed reason, you assume that I do not care about non-advanced drivers. Why do you feel it necessary on this forum, which I assumed was open to all serious motorists, not just the motoring elite, to be so confrontational? I posted here for informed and skilled guidance, admitting I was neither a fast car nor a motor cycle enthusiast but I have found your patronising bluntness most offensive. I shall trouble the Forum no more. Out!

Clearly Gareth did not understand the point you were making. Please come back.

Return to “Advanced Driving - Cars”